Extending welcome lights time

might be toggled off on mfd
They used to come on when unlocking the car but only recently I have noticed it stop working. The flashing before turning off worked las night. But this morning they didn't come on when unlocking?

The headlight switch has to be in the Auto position. I generally leave mine turned to dipped beam and leave it there at this time of year, so mine don't come on when unlocking. Also, have you checked that they are activated in the lighting menu of the DIS?

He posted at 6:31am referring to "this morning". Even under street lights, they should come on, unless he's in the southern hemisphere.

It was pitch black this morning in Sussex. Maybe I'll have a friend/mechanic look on the vcds. Where would it be located?

Edit. I've just been and checked mine and it's not there. It is in my Tig and also in the Golf, Passat and Amarok that I had before, but not the van.

It's a VCDS job then.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed that if you lock and unlock it a few times, it stops the ‘leaving home’ lights function.

Not sure if it’s voltage dependent. Could be that the starter battery is below the threshold?

I do have a issue where the alarm light on drivers door stays solid when locking but starts flashing after a few minutes

I do have a issue where the alarm light on drivers door stays solid when locking but starts flashing after a few minutes
I believe that means there’s an error somewhere - worth a scan...

Back