Extending welcome lights time

dubhead

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Wondering whether vcds allows you to change the time period the welcome lights stay on for after unlocking the van?

If possible...is it a simple job?

Thanks in advance

I think there is an adaption value that can be changed to do this..

Module 9 adaption look in the pulldown menu at the top to select the channel.

I didnt think it could be done, i always thought it was an external timed relay that controlled the cutoff

Heres the adaptions list from module 09

Code:
09 – Central Electrics
Adaption Options
Clear learned values
Remote Control Adaption
Central Locking: Auto-Unlock
Central Locking: Auto-Lock
Central Locking: Selective (Single) Door Locking
Central Locking: Auto-Lock/Unlock for Rear Lid
Visual Comfort Operation/Closing Confirmation
Central Locking: Audible Unlocking Confirmation
Central Locking: Audible Locking Confirmation
Central Locking: Visual Locking/Unlocking Confirmation
Anti-Theft: Alarm Horn (Country Setting)
Lights: Comfort Turn Signals
Lights: Emergency Brake/Hazard Light Flashing
Lights: Parking Lights
Wipers: Front Wiper Service Mode/Position
Anti-Theft: Akarm Hoirn (Termional 15)
Wipers: Front Wiper Tear Wiping
Lights: Parking Light with Terminal 15
Wipers: Rear Wiper Comfort Wiping
Lights: Comfort Turn Signals (Cycles)
Coming-Home: Time/Duration
Leaving-Home: Time/Duration
Anti-Theft: Interior Monitoring Sensitivity
Anti-Theft: Inclination Sensor Sensitivity
Factory Mode

I did it with carista. Upped mine to 40 seconds. There were a few time options to choose from if I remember

Yes @T6 Dave is right coming home and leaving home will alter the time the headlights stay on when arriving or leaving to/from the vehicle
Dont know why i had the timeout of the interior lights in my head, just reread the thread :oops:

Yes @T6 Dave is right coming home and leaving home will alter the time the headlights stay on when arriving or leaving to/from the vehicle
Dont know why i had the timeout of the interior lights in my head, just reread the thread :oops:

I was unsure about that one as well, I was just lucky as I asked the daft question.. So we both did it m8 :eek::D:rofl::rofl::whistle:

Does anyone know why mine are not coming on? 2016 T6 highline, lights are on auto position.

Does anyone know why mine are not coming on? 2016 T6 highline, lights are on auto position.
You need to flash your lights once after you turn off the ignition. As if you were flashing oncoming traffic but once you have switched the engine off. From what I understand from here, the t6 platform isn’t as smart as the same year equivalent golf platform.

The Golf 5 left them on automatically. The Golf 6 didn't, but could be altered via VCDS. Anything newer and you have to flash main beam and have no option to change it.

Back