Exploria Kombi Bed, share your experiences and pics

Chrisfraser05

Electrical Technician
T6 Legend
As per the title really guys, thinking about getting one and wanted as much info and pics as possible.

Cheers

thanks buddy.

I did a wee search earlier but it wasn't bringing much up! The word Exploria is used ALOT on here lol

@Chrisfraser05 I hope you enjoy the research. You should, hopefully, come to the conclusion that the Exploria Bed is a good bit of kit that can act as cover from view and a parcel shelf. Members have made many comments on how they use them which is why I quoted the index pages in the discussion area in which you had posted. I'm sorry that I didn't realise you were unaware of this method of researching older subject threads.

I have the kombi bed, slept on it a few times now. So what can I feed back??
Well, the first big point is that in order for it to fit above the folded down kombi seats you have to go for leg height 4. This puts you very close to the underside of the roof. It equally makes it a bit of a bugger to climb up onto and then wriggle into your sleeping bag.
The mattress is also very hard and needs some form of topper. Used it last weekend with an air bed on top but that meant I was literally face onto the ceiling.
Good product, quite simple in use, easy to pull out and re-house. Great for a parcel shelf when not in use.

I have the kombi bed, slept on it a few times now. So what can I feed back??
Well, the first big point is that in order for it to fit above the folded down kombi seats you have to go for leg height 4. This puts you very close to the underside of the roof. It equally makes it a bit of a bugger to climb up onto and then wriggle into your sleeping bag.
The mattress is also very hard and needs some form of topper. Used it last weekend with an air bed on top but that meant I was literally face onto the ceiling.
Good product, quite simple in use, easy to pull out and re-house. Great for a parcel shelf when not in use.

The other thing is that being up high is that you are in the hot air.. This is great in winter, crap in summer.. The lower bed option puts you in cooler at in summer, colder air in winter..

The other thing is that being up high is that you are in the hot air.. This is great in winter, crap in summer.. The lower bed option puts you in cooler at in summer, colder air in winter..
Indeed, but unfortunately the lower bed will only work in the panel van, or if you remove the seats first in the kombi.
@Pauly was trialling one of those wooden CNC'd beds at the weekend, that is lower as the bed board literally lies on the backs of the folded down seats. So that could be a bit of an alternative.

Indeed, but unfortunately the lower bed will only work in the panel van, or if you remove the seats first in the kombi.
@Pauly was trialling one of those wooden CNC'd beds at the weekend, that is lower as the bed board literally lies on the backs of the folded down seats. So that could be a bit of an alternative.

Yeah, sorry, meant the rock n roll option.. Struggling at the moment, so not making myself clear.. Gonna crash out.. :thumbsup:

Be all them Irish coffee's albeit that may not enable you to sleep. Might have the opposite effect.
Night night.
Be me, sir, what drinks the Oirish, hic! :confused:. We haven't imbibed today, he's been mowing meadows and visiting with friends today, the meal is tomorrow evening :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Iv been eagerly watching with interest about the kombi bed options, but in the end, I thought I'd have a crack of my own! So thanks to and excess of ply and timber I'm managed to create this! It's in no way as good as any professionally made beds, but I'm happy with my results and cost me about £100 all in all!

IMG_0967.JPG

Iv been eagerly watching with interest about the kombi bed options, but in the end, I thought I'd have a crack of my own! So thanks to and excess of ply and timber I'm managed to create this! It's in no way as good as any professionally made beds, but I'm happy with my results and cost me about £100 all in all!

View attachment 9678
Blooming good effort that. Looks spot on.

Back