Exped Megamat self-inflating mattress

VanMan48

T6 Pro
Hi guys

Looking at mattress options for a 3 seat Cali Beach and and getting drawn towards the SIM route, particularly the Exped Megamat ones.

Any feedback on these or other equivalents? How do these fair day to day camping in a van, ie do you deflate it everyday (ie when you want to go out for the day) and is it much of a faff compared to having a normal van mattress? We've got two kids so they'd sleep up top so we just need something decent for us (Beach didn't come with a comfort mattress), so whatever we get will lay straight onto the seats.

Two singles better than one double?

Cheers!

Yup I’ve used the double Megamat and it’s awesome. Not used it in a van but if it fits then great. I’d go double rather than two singles. The double doesn’t suffer from the usual inflatable double woes where you keep bouncing each other around through the night

Only thing is there is now a 15, which is 50% thicker, so that would be where my money would go

I use my Exped XL9 in my pop top.
Once you get used to how much air to use, it’s the most comfy thing about.

The Exped Schnozzel is the best thing since sliced bread too.

9CA4F4D9-9A46-45C3-A25E-CF83687083EB.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys thats good to hear. They sound much comfier than the VW 'comfort' mattress or other fold up memory foam type options.

Back