Evo bed stuck in position!

Old Jabez

I’m new here - and a fresher to van life, so please excuse I’m missing the obvious. I have T6.1 with an Evolution R bed on rails, but the bed is remaining mobile when both locking levers are pushed into the lock position. Bed’s brand new. Been on YouTube for operating instructions and I can’t see that I’m doing anything wrong. Help!

Are you absolutely certain you're pushing the handles all the way into the lock position? Mine are quite stiff and need a lot of force to lock them. Make sure to do it with an open palm or you might trap your fingers.

Failing that get in touch with Smart Beds. They're really nice people, they'd be more than happy to help.

Seems like a plan to try to push the handles so they’re parallel to the sides of the bed structure. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks for responding.

Thanks for your help - you’re kind. Have battled with both levers and they simply will not return to their locked position. Also, the bed doesn’t run easily on the rails. Heading off the van supplier next week to get sorted.

Update: contacted my van supplier, AVT Campers, yesterday (Saturday) and explained the problem. Today, Tom, arrived at our home to fix the issue. He did a 100 mile around trip to sort it. Amazing service. Totally blown away with his commitment, patience and kindness.

Back