Every Wheel Choice Thwarted

CJ_T6-red

T6 Pro
so I am starting to think every choice I make for new wheels it’s aleays something .
Have been looking at Wolfrace Stuttgart concave 18 “
But these on a number of websites , advertising, and could web order, but after direct talking to them, no these are not in stock, and looks like Wolfrace are discontinuing.
Ok so back to the drawing board, oh there is something close to that, Wolfrace Scorpio 18”
Again , tried a direct call to websites , nope same answer, even one of them gave the same word for word stock answer, not in stock have been discontinued.
So why damn it still have it as an item to buy on ur site.
Even went direct to wolfrace, and they were not helpful in any way.
Ok so roll of dice, different manufacturer, Axe EX12s 18”
Again finding it’s not in stock, and being discontinued, plus it wasn’t load rated for a T32 Kombi.
arrrrrrrgh.

I would like to know others members path of selection. If it was pure luck or if u have a recommended choice.

Also another question, on the T6, TPSM ( think I got that right ) is it a hub monitor, or sensor on the air valve. Is it something I need to get on new wheels ?

Thanks for ur time

so I am starting to think every choice I make for new wheels it’s aleays something .
But these on a number of websites , advertising, and could web order, but after direct talking to them, no these are not in stock, and looks like Wolfrace are discontinuing.
Ok so back to the drawing board, oh there is something close to that, Wolfrace Scorpio 18”
Again , tried a direct call to websites , nope same answer, even one of them gave the same word for word stock answer, not in stock have been discontinued.
Again finding it’s not in stock, and being discontinued, plus it wasn’t load rated for a T32 Kombi.
arrrrrrrgh.

I would like to know others members path of selection. If it was pure luck or if u have a recommended choice.

Also another question, on the T6, TPSM ( think I got that right ) is it a hub monitor, or sensor on the air valve. Is it something I need to get on new wheels ?

Thanks for ur time
welcome to the nightmare of wheel selection....theres a lot of threads on here covering this off...I recall one being pinned to the wheels section....thats a good starting point ....and no need for TP thingies either as there not fitted as standard .

arrrrrrrgh.

Thanks for ur time
no tpms on the t6 but if you buy wheels with a second valve hole for the tpms at rear of the wheel you blank them off with very short motorcycle valves had to do it with mine as imported my rims from usa

@CJ_T6-red ....the TPMS in a T6 is indirect i.e not a pressure sensor in the tyre but rather detects pressure changes through the ABS wheels speed sensor

Tough time on the rim choice there. Seems to be quite a big choice for T32's in 20"'s though. Probably because it's such a popular after-market choice in wheel size I guess

If you're not looking for anything too big, what about some 17" Weller Steels?
Not banded - manufactured for the T6 and available in a variety of widths. I *almost* went with these myself, but in the end I plumped for some 19's.

arrrrrrrgh.

Thanks for ur time
Try giving Duncan a call at Circumference Wheels, Walsall. He's the Wolfrace man!!
Google his company. 100% sound chap. Mention Danny from Bridgnorth and he might give you a bit of discount if you decide to buy from him.

Isn’t that the place behind t5wheels?
I will give it a try as u suggest , thanks for that.

no tpms on the t6 but if you buy wheels with a second valve hole for the tpms at rear of the wheel you blank them off with very short motorcycle valves had to do it with mine as imported my rims from usa

Ahhh thank the lord. My tyre guys always take the pee out of me because my imported wheels from the states also had a second hole, and in all their combined years they have never seen this, and still haven't. They kept saying they must be from a dodgy batch of wheels :rofl:

You don't need to use a short valve, just a normal one put in the wheel from behind, so the valve is inside the tyre. That's how they did mine and they've been fine 2 sets of tyres later.

Ahhh thank the lord. My tyre guys always take the pee out of me because my imported wheels from the states also had a second hole, and in all their combined years they have never seen this, and still haven't. They kept saying they must be from a dodgy batch of wheels :rofl:

You don't need to use a short valve, just a normal one put in the wheel from behind, so the valve is inside the tyre. That's how they did mine and they've been fine 2 sets of tyres later.
I did say this to my tyre guy about putting valve inside the tyre, he wasn't having any of it so supplied him with very stubby valves and metal caps

I did say this to my tyre guy about putting valve inside the tyre, he wasn't having any of it so supplied him with very stubby valves and metal caps

Well I can confirm it works perfectly and you don't see anything other than the rubber ring if you took the wheel off. I'm not sure why he wouldn't fit it that way.

He had never come across the 2 valve holes before, scratched his head for a Bit

My guys called me and asked me to call the supplier (LK)
When I spoke to them, they just laughed and said they have the same conversation several times a day, and it was their suggestion to put the valve in backwards because that's how they've always done it.
Oh well, at least we can say we are unique.

I’m having wheel nightmares also !
Paid a deposit on these today and am now thinking should I have gone for 20’s and are my calipers and discs going to look lost in there.

My brain hurts.

AD8E8A37-0A99-4997-8DEB-0CB4F0A55DCD.png

I finally have now ordered my wheels (after living breathing sleeping wheels).
Settled with 20” wolfrace stuttgarts. Just like the clean spoke design and concave.
Paid way more than what I was initially wanted to spend :rofl:
But speaking to Duncan at t5wheels, he totally knows his stuff.
He bettered other prices out there, so hopefully I get them now before the bank holiday.
And wishing for nice weather that weekend. So I can show them off.
@Dannyb6467 thanks for the nod.
Excited now.

Settled with 20” wolfrace stuttgarts. Just like the clean spoke design and concave.
He bettered other prices out there, so hopefully I get them now before the bank holiday.
Excited now.
Make sure you get the black wheel bolts with them as oem ones don't look that good on show, look forward to seeing the pics

Excited now.
CJ you're welcome pal. I run my own business and I struggle to find other companies who put in the customer service effort I do but Duncan is one of those chaps who does.
Don't forget the photos.
I have a tub of unused wheel wax if you want it? FOC of course. Pm me and I'll send it to you. Again Duncan gave me this and it works a treat.
I'm away for another week but will gladly send it when I'm back.

@Dannyb6467 Yes pls, have a thing of finding the right stuff for cars, bikes, now ze van.
Will pm you, top fella , cheers.
And yes pics will come.

I think these wheels won’t matter with the wheel bolts, there is a cover that goes over them. Don’t know if I am analy going to get the wheel centres with the logo I have designed for the van in them, or it will be a Vdub logo.
Or maybe even go totally wild and get a different character from futurama in each wheel centre :p .... or rick and morty... wubba lubba dub dub.

Back