EV Charger install

I am in the market to have an EV charger installed in our home, any recommendations on electricians who could do that in south Manchester area? TIA
I used a company for my house batteries in Doncaster, the fit EV chargers as well and they do work in Manchester as well. iVoltz.com

I have a Zappi from myenergi.co.uk

But what charger do you want? They now have be smart chargers, do you want tethered or untethered (don't do it :thumbsup:), have you got a special rate such as Octopus EV tariff: that may also influence the decision. If you are on faceBook then the EV drivers page is great.

There are many considerations to take into account when installing an EV charger and it is never as simple as these companies make out when they say we can fit it for £500 as long as it is a standard installation. If your fuseboard is on the wall backing to where the charger would go the great it would be simple. Many different chargers to choose from depending what/how you want to use it ie mobile phone apps and all that marlarky. it does make me chuckle that people are happy to spend £30000+ on an EV but dont want to spend the £800 - £1200 cost of installing a charger.
This! :thumbsup:

They have to be smart chargers for the last 3 years.

The complications are endless. In my own case I had a 6mm cable feeding my garage 15m away and it needed to be 10mm. So they wound down the charger to suit. Some of the cowboys out there would just have fitted it an just f*cked off!

Just completed 500 miles in the BMW i3s, not paid a penny to charge yet as have used free chargers at shopping centres etc near York.
Loving the EV life..

Have considered a house charger but quotes around £900 upwards are putting us off
Mate i lived with a 16a switched Commando socket fitted and used it for over 12 months cost £250 quid and I used it on my old Tesla with the tesla supplied cable.

Mate i lived with a 16a switched Commando socket fitted and used it for over 12 months cost £250 quid and I used it on my old Tesla with the tesla supplied cable.
Yeah , update on my situation is that York Council eventually started charging so I've been using the granny cable off a 230v socket in the garage without issue. Don't need speedy charging at home as it charges overnight.
I've also just switched energy supplier to Ovo who have a new tariff whereby they give you cashback on EV charging off-peak. They reckon it should equate to 10p per Kwh as opposed to 32p.

Yeah , update on my situation is that York Council eventually started charging so I've been using the granny cable off a 230v socket in the garage without issue. Don't need speedy charging at home as it charges overnight.
I've also just switched energy supplier to Ovo who have a new tariff whereby they give you cashback on EV charging off-peak. They reckon it should equate to 10p per Kwh as opposed to 32p.
I am on Octopus energy Intelligent Octopus. 44p standing charge, 41p during the day, 10p at night 11:30-05:30 and it also gives you cheap charge slots during most days. Ovo is very comparable but I also have house batteries and solar. The 6 hour off peak charge window is a no brainer for me.

If you want a referral code here it is. It’s well worth it.

Back