Euro 6 T6 - Auto Stop Work Around

Donald Campbell

I have just had my T6 (Euro 6) van converted with all the usual mod cons.

The problem is that the vehicle battery is showing as no power on the control panel and the leasure battery will not charge via the cable.

I’ve been told that it has something to do with the auto stop function on the Euro 6 and I need some kind of converter to fix it?

Can anyone help??

I have just had my T6 (Euro 6) van converted with all the usual mod cons.

The problem is that the vehicle battery is showing as no power on the control panel and the leasure battery will not charge via the cable.

I’ve been told that it has something to do with the auto stop function on the Euro 6 and I need some kind of converter to fix it?

Can anyone help??
Mine is a Euro 5 engine but it has start stop and a smart alternator, which will be the same as yours.
For this reason I have installed a strerling power battery to battery charger for my leisure battery.

I think you need to find out exactly what you have and why it’s not charging or it’s just guess work

I have 2 wires in the vehicle that are not connected and wrapped in insolating tape. I spoke to someone yesterday and he says that he has the same problem with a van he has in his workshop (same year and model as mine).

Apparently when you connect these wires then the start stop system sends a voltage spike and in turn plays silly buggers with the control pannel. He is not sure how to fix it but thinks that other makes have the same problem and a converter should cure it.

The problem is that I am not clued up on these thing and i’m Sure the is specific converters for different vans.

Possibly a Sterling power battery would do the job - but just not sure.

Back