Error code 02252 - Battery Generator - error stop start on dash

We probably need to see the detailed scan with 11faults, but yes you should code the new battery.

Thank you for quick reply when you say detailed scan I only have the codes from using Carista is that what you mean sorry not to savvy with coding this is my first try

Thank you for quick reply when you say detailed scan I only have the codes from using Carista is that what you mean sorry not to savvy with coding this is my first try
Detailed ecu info from the Carista app.

I had the same error earlier this year, was the alternator (2018 T28 102 Euro6 w/85K)

Thank you they checked alternator and they said it was good.

I’ve attached codes I’m getting fingers crossed it’s a easy fix
8 of the faults relate to airbags - any idea why?

Please clear all the faults, turn ignition off, turn ignition back on and then rescan+create/post "Detailed ECU info"-report (under Carista Service menu)

Last edited:
Thank you regarding the Air Bag Faults I disconnected the switch on the right hand side bulk head for to reconnect before starting up “Dum” I’ve tried to clear them but no joy I’ll try your advice today and post back thank you

putting heat shielding shrink wrap on it for extra protection is a good idea

it seems to be a common problem on t6's

doing a test on the wire down low by the alterenater and up towards the battery would be the best way to rule out the broken wire causing the 02252 fault code

Same issue here, traced wire and find broken wire under the enginen in the alternator loom. Replaced part of it and all working good now. Was wondering if it is worth pull out the alternator loom and replace whole wire for more bigger one in diameter?
Btw when when was tracing the wire, found another repair on same wire. So this van has at least it twice
7B2AD6C2-7715-459D-B54E-567CF7C92104.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty straightforward. On the subframe quite close to the alternator there is a split conduit. In the conduit there is a thin green/orange wire. I spliced and soldiered a new wire into the loom at that point and I've run a very small conduit next to the main loom up to the battery monitor on the negative clamp and spliced the new wire on to the same green/wire. Wrapped it in loom tape and it worked like a dream. Disclaimer: I'm definitely not a mechanic this is just the way I did it.
Hi, I’m doing this in the morning, do you have a picture of where you spliced into the wire at the battery monitor end? Also, the wire on mine is the thinner green/yellow wire not a green/orange?

E599BF99-593E-47FD-BCE9-3F4A626AA059.jpeg

hello

i just put a bypass wire from low down by the altenator to right near the battery monitoring module , bypassing the small yellow and green wire / ( the lin wire )

this seems to have done the trick, i have not traced down the break in the lin wire, just bypassed it with a new wire, now all the stop start works, no more start stop error etc

i no the best option is to simply find the break in the green/yellow lin wire and fix the break, but it seems alot easir to to bypass it, its then only a simple fix

otherwise i would have to pulll out the old harness to try to pinpoint the break which is alot more work

View attachment 138754
Hi, where exactly did you splice into it?

My van has just been into the garage for a few bits including the stop start issue on the dash.

Tried to wiring bypass and a reset but still has the error, new battery was fitted few months ago.

Any other suggestions?

Hi, I have the same fault.
I done a continuity test from the LIN alternator plug to the negative battery LIN plug and had continuity so am now puzzled what to do next as my original assumption was the cable must be broken/damaged.

Has anyone else had continuity and replaced the cable to resolve the problem?
Also does the cable start at the alternator and go straight to the battery or does it terminate somewhere else along the way.

Hi, I have the same fault.
I done a continuity test from the LIN alternator plug to the negative battery LIN plug and had continuity so am now puzzled what to do next as my original assumption was the cable must be broken/damaged.

Has anyone else had continuity and replaced the cable to resolve the problem?
Also does the cable start at the alternator and go straight to the battery or does it terminate somewhere else along the way.
Mine failed a continuity test. However I had purchased a second hand battery monitoring unit (the negative lead with a plug in module on the battery negative terminal end) just in case it wasn’t the Lin wire. I believe it is a continuous wire. I could only physically and visually check half of it laying under the van in winter so took it to a garage as easier accessed from under a lift.

Back