Error code 02252 - Battery Generator - error stop start on dash

xop32

T6 Pro
hello

i have a 2017 transporter t32 shuttle and when i got it, it had a stop/start error code come up on the dashboard

i read the fault codes and it has 2 that keep comming back

01 Engine Control Module 1
U014000 Lost Communication with Body Control Module

5F Information Control Unit 1
B11A13 Antenna 2 For Radio - Open Circuit

61 Battery Regulation
02252 - Generator

It looks like its had a new battery recently fitted

I replaced the Battery regulater on the negative battery cable and the fault is still there

Any ideas what this could be, could it be a battery issue

i clear all the codes, and then when start up and running again and doing a retest the codes re appear

I'd be looking for a wire fault....

Maybe from the alternator LIN bus to engine ECU.

Or battery monitor data link to ECU.

You can use VCDS to talk to various modules.

I'd assume a rubbed through cable somewhere.

do you think the lost coummunication with body control module and the 02252 generator are both linked together??

when i do a clear all codes, it clears everything, but the lost coummunication with body control module error always is there

i just thought it was a code for my diagnostic machine

after clearing all codes and starting the engine again we get the 02252 generator re appear

i saw a couple of other threads where someone showed the wiring harrness on a 3.5 year old van with a broken wires

Helllo i saw on this thread Garages avoiding my Body Control Module fault (U0140) - affecting Start Stop

"Had this same issue with start/stop, it was the small cable within the loom from alternator to the battery module that was broken, apparently very common"

i am thinking i have the same issue as my van is around 80K miles, i have replaced the battery with a new one, replaced the battery momitor module on the negative battery lead

How would i test the wires, which wires would i be looking to check on the alternator loom, just need some pointing in the right direction

A quote from VW TRANSPORTER 2017. ALTERNATOR NOT CHARGING. TRIED NEW ALTERNATOR, STILL NOT CHARGING.
THE BREAK IN THE LIN WIRE FROM ALTERNATOR IS ALWAYS IN THE SAME PLACE. FOLLOW THE WIRE FROM ALTERNAOTR INTO THE LOOM AND JUST BEFORE WERE THE LOOM STARTS TO GO UP THE ENGINE BAY IS WHERE IT BREAKS. OPEN PLASTIC CASING AROUND LOOM AND PULL ON YELLOW AND GREEN WIRE, IT WILL SNAP EASY.

SEEMS TO BE WHERE WATER SITS INISDE/THE LOWEST POINT OF THE LOOM AND CORRODES THE WIRING.

Last edited:
hello

i just put a bypass wire from low down by the altenator to right near the battery monitoring module , bypassing the small yellow and green wire / ( the lin wire )

this seems to have done the trick, i have not traced down the break in the lin wire, just bypassed it with a new wire, now all the stop start works, no more start stop error etc

i no the best option is to simply find the break in the green/yellow lin wire and fix the break, but it seems alot easir to to bypass it, its then only a simple fix

otherwise i would have to pulll out the old harness to try to pinpoint the break which is alot more work

Bt3w7CA.png

Last edited:
i just noticed that the green yellow wire is marked as 0.35 , is this the wire gauge???

i have put in a wire that is 0.5 gauge, thats all i had, do you think this would cause a problem??

should i get 0.35 gauge wire to replace the 0.5 wire i fitted

i just noticed that the green yellow wire is marked as 0.35 , is this the wire gauge???

i have put in a wire that is 0.5 gauge, thats all i had, do you think this would cause a problem??

should i get 0.35 gauge wire to replace the 0.5 wire i fitted
Yes, that's wire gauge. A different (bigger) size won't be a problem - quite the contrary. It's just a signal wire, so basically anything will do :thumbsup:
Glad to hear the problem is resolved.

This Lin wire of which you speak. Is it a climb under the van affair to get to as I’m having s/s issues and want to exclude it as a cause

TIA

I’m writing this with my fingers and toes firmly crossed. I replaced the starter battery and coded it in. Still had an issue. It always happened at the same point about 500yds from home. If I then turned off the ignition, removed the key and restarted it would work fine. 2 weeks ago we went on a fairly decent road trip round wales. It hasn’t been an issue since

Thanks for responding. How easy was it to get to?
Pretty straightforward. On the subframe quite close to the alternator there is a split conduit. In the conduit there is a thin green/orange wire. I spliced and soldiered a new wire into the loom at that point and I've run a very small conduit next to the main loom up to the battery monitor on the negative clamp and spliced the new wire on to the same green/wire. Wrapped it in loom tape and it worked like a dream. Disclaimer: I'm definitely not a mechanic this is just the way I did it.

hello

i just put a bypass wire from low down by the altenator to right near the battery monitoring module , bypassing the small yellow and green wire / ( the lin wire )

this seems to have done the trick, i have not traced down the break in the lin wire, just bypassed it with a new wire, now all the stop start works, no more start stop error etc

i no the best option is to simply find the break in the green/yellow lin wire and fix the break, but it seems alot easir to to bypass it, its then only a simple fix

otherwise i would have to pulll out the old harness to try to pinpoint the break which is alot more work

View attachment 138754
I'm just about to tackle this and I'm wondering if I should apply heat shrink to the wire first to add a bit more protection against it breaking or am I just wasting my time

I’ve just done this. Spliced a bypass wire in close to the alternator. The original trunking is split so working from under the van I managed to push the new wire in there part way up. Left original in place. Couldn’t follow it all the way up as it’s difficult to reach. Did the same at the battery end.
So far so good. Fingers crossed, lucky heather bought etc etc

Just had new Battery on my T32 High Line 2016, had it tested along with the alternator the battery was not some good but alternator is ok. I’m getting stop start error, tried to clear with Carista but no joy my question is do I need to get the battery coded to my ECU?

23FFCA6A-BCBA-4917-A3A6-D572AA54817A.jpeg

Back