Engine noise related to interior fan

My van is under warranty and the blower fan is making a racket so I will get it booked in for both and update once I hear back.

Van is finally going to VW on Thursday... Guess we'll find out what it is.
Hi,

I had my van serviced a couple of weeks back - at an independent - they couldn't hear the noise - took it out of the garage into a quiet location - at first wouldn't make the noise but then if did.

Guy said he'd heard it previously on a van - A/C compressor was his verdict. As always an expensive part - although a quick search brought back quite a few different options so need to look into fully.

Will be interesting to see diagnosis you get - at least you have comfort of being under warranty.

Reactions: alt
VW have said they can’t hear a noise, currently waiting to hear back after escalating as it’s obviously not right; you’d have to be deaf not to hear it unless they haven’t actually taken it out on the road.

They have agreed that the fan motor is faulty but as it’s still blowing air, they won’t cover it under warranty.

Its actually starting to drive me mad now going into the winter months and using the aircon screen clearance blower on more than usual. Defo taking it in soon for diagnostics and repair.

They have agreed that the fan motor is faulty but as it’s still blowing air, they won’t cover it under warranty.
@alt
They have agreed that the fan motor is faulty but as it’s still blowing air, they won’t cover it under warranty
Pull the Safety card on VW, if an electric motor fails in the cab it could emit toxic fumes affecting occupants.

• Love
Reactions: JOG
Hi guys I have a similar noise it sounds like a fan catching same tick tick tick but only when moving it stops when you stop it’s a fast click but constant! Very annoying has anyone got a deffo answer ? Also getting a sucking noise on acceleration ! Good job I only paid 46 k for this camper van !

I had that on my T5.1 (see earlier replies, I had/have 2 different noises) and replacing the blower motor fixed it after VW refused to do it under warranty.

Back