Electric Window Fuse

In the panel below the light switch in front of the Body control module.
this is the LHD picture but essentially the same but on the other side.
9E3E8AEA-1515-44A4-BAA0-FAD571D9DBA6.jpeg

Last edited:
I can see a 40 amp fuse there... I'd taken the doorcard off to change the speakers, and now the electric windows don't work.

I can see a 40 amp fuse there... I'd taken the doorcard off to change the speakers, and now the electric windows don't work.
Did you plug the switch back in?

Hmm, I'd pop the switch out and check you haven't bent a pin when inserting or removing the plug. I can't think of any reason why they'd stop working just because the door card has been off. Unless you've unplugged anything else?

Hmm, I'd pop the switch out and check you haven't bent a pin when inserting or removing the plug. I can't think of any reason why they'd stop working just because the door card has been off. Unless you've unplugged anything else?
Could it be a software thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't think so, have you had the battery off? Check the plug first, you don't need to remove the door card again. Just prize the whole switch panel up from the bottom first.

Don't think so, have you had the battery off? Check the plug first, you don't need to remove the door card again. Just prize the whole switch panel up from the bottom first.
Not disconnected the battery, I'll take another look at it might be lucky

Have you got power folding or electrically adjustable mirrors? are they working?

Disconnect and touch the leads together, discharges any capacitors on the module.
then reset the one touch.

Disconnect and touch the leads together, discharges any capacitors on the module.
then reset the one touch.

I left it disconnected for about 15 minutes, when I connected it up the both windows worked.

Did you mean touch both positive and negative battery leads together?
Also what is the one touch reset?

Thanks for the help, it is appreciated

I left it disconnected for about 15 minutes, when I connected it up the both windows worked.

Did you mean touch both positive and negative battery leads together?
Also what is the one touch reset?

Thanks for the help, it is appreciated
Yea, touch the leads together for a quick discharge.
I linked a topic with the one-touch reset (one pull of the window button closes it.)

Drive the window down until it stops, then press and hold the button down again for 3 proper seconds (1 elephant, 2 elephant, 3 elephant)
Drive the window up (it will jump up and stop but pull again)
Once closed, pull up again for 3 seconds.
Now reset.

Last edited:
Yea, touch the leads together for a quick discharge.
Glad you're sorted I linked a topic with the one-touch reset (one pull of the window button closes it.)

Drive the window down until it stops, then press and hold the button down again for 3 proper seconds (1 elephant, 2 elephant, 3 elephant)
Drive the window up (it will jump up and stop but pull again)
Once closed, pull up again for 3 seconds.
Now reset.
Ok,I think I've found the problem...

Took off the drivers door card to access the winder ECU. Started to check all the connections. Noticed that there was oxidisation on the ECU connector. Released the connector, and the inside of the terminal was bad in one area. On inspection it appeared that one of the pins had corroded away.
I've cleaned it up znd posted some pics.... if someone could confirm my suspicions and if possible a solution.

TIA

20220708_124710.jpg

20220708_124731.jpg

Reactions: Loz
Back