Electric wIndow fault - pax side won’t close, very slow.

Barnstormer

T6 Pro
Hi everyone, a while since I last posted.

My passenger door electric window has a fault - it won’t raise fully - bounces back down and is very slow to retract as upper edge of glass approaches lower seal (say 3”). It jammed down for a while but using the key fob I’ve managed to raise it 3/4 closed. Blipping the door switch did raise it higher the other day but it’s now stubbornly refusing to raise higher.

I’m assuming a sensor fault or dirt in the mechanism?

A known fault? Resolvable? Door lining off?

Hope someone can assist, not garaged and it rains a lot in Devon.

Thank you.

Mine does that. I had it looked at under warranty and they replaced the regulator. Still did it so they checked again a few weeks later and 'oh, it wasn't aligned properly'. Does it intermittently now, so will be goinmg back at some point.

Ok, so I found the problem having removed door card and unbolted window from chassis.

I’ve also created a bigger problem.

initial problem was that the Heko wind deflector had dislodged on it’s leading edge leaving the double sided tape to very effectively bond window to seal. A fiddle to clean up but fixed and deflector thrown in the naughty corner.

The key fob override of up & down windows doesn’t seem to be working though?

Now it’s my turn for the naughty corner, I forgot to reconnect the Bowden cable to the door latch before reassembling and proudly slamming the door shut.

Now I can’t open it. Or add any fuel to the tank.

Is there a way to release the door latch? I’ve removed the rectangular rubber grommet from the inside of the door frame that reveals a small torx head screw that seems to hold the rear part of the door handle in place. Is that the way in?

A sheepish thank you in advance…

So all working except key fob window action. No up or down, central locking working fine.

Is there a reset? Vaguely remember reading something about this?

thanks

Stupid design that fuel flap. Bet that was fun getting the door card off while closed.
Try setting the comfort closing. Window down using door switch, then back up, release switch then immediately press up again for 2 seconds.

What ever I did it seems to have reset and all ok.

The pax side wind deflector has worked loose and nearly fallen out a number of times so I replaced the supplied double sided tape with ultra sticky sailmakers tape. With the deflector removed because it was falling out again the goo residue on the outside window seal gripped the window and caused the problem. Degreased with Muck Off chain degreaser and it’s now fine. The driver’s door deflector has never slipped. Weird.

Thanks for help on this one. Operator error I guess.

Back