Electric mirror motor - part number and replacement question

Gavinsky23

T6 Guru
My passenger mirror has stopped folding so stripped it down to try and find the issue. There seems to be 12v going to the motor so I suspect the motor need replaced. I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help.

1. Anyone know the part number for the folding mirror motor, there doesn’t seem to be one on it ( the silver bit)
C9E404E6-2641-4ADB-897A-F50EFA863ECD.jpeg
2. I can see all the cables running through the hole in this and most seem straightforward to disconnect and feed through when replacing but the DAB (?) antenna doesn’t seem to have any way to disconnect it - looks like the little connection box would fit through the hole but I can’t disconnect this from the antenna itself. Anyone replaced this before? Only way I can see would be to cut and rejoin?
E8A30461-A4E7-4ACA-B547-7CD8E4B56182.jpeg

Actually now just realised someone has spliced into the loom for the mirror (possibly for auto fold on lock? As there is a small aftermarket box) so can see how I can remove this and feed block back through mirror motor, which solves my original point 2.

Anyone know the part number though for the motor?

There isn’t one as it’s not a separate part, you have to replace the whole mirror assembly

There isn’t one as it’s not a separate part, you have to replace the whole mirror assembly
Ah that makes sense. Thanks. Also after testing it, I am now no longer getting 12v and the little after market box had a burning smell. Opened it up an a bit of damage to the curcuit board and no idea what make/supplier it is. I may just live with it not folding given the cost it’s likely to be for a full assembly.

Anyone got any idea how to disable the driver one when locking - is there likely to just be a similar aftermarket module on the other side I could unplug - it’s annoying me one folds and one doesn’t now…:rolleyes:

Realise this is a bit late (!!!) but the motors are available from Germany on eBay for about £180

Back