Eibach 30mm

OysteinS

I had 30 mm Eibach fittet to my T6 T28 (1550/1550). It dropped 40 mm on the front axle and 5 mm on the rear. Dissappointed... Can it be that they have given me 1720 springs at the rear?

It's possible that they've given you the wrong ones, but it's also quite possible that they are correct.
Is the van empty? If you google, you find others who have had similar experiences with the 30mm Eibach springs. I think they are designed to still carry weight and so you will see more drop if you load the back.
It's probably less of an issue on camper conversions.

I had 30 mm Eibach fittet to my T6 T28 (1550/1550). It dropped 40 mm on the front axle and 5 mm on the rear. Dissappointed... Can it be that they have given me 1720 springs at the rear?

Hiya, I fitted 30mm Eibach to my T6 T30 and I noticed the same. Front looks good but rear needs to be dropped a bit. I'm converting to a camper and in hindsight I should have waited until it was converted before lowering. I'm hoping things will level out when a bit of weight added. ;)

Kev

My T32 looked high at the back too but then I have no weight in the rear most of the time. I think it has dropped over time now though. They may just need to bed in.

My T32 looked high at the back too but then I have no weight in the rear most of the time. I think it has dropped over time now though. They may just need to bed in.
My eibach 50mm are the same looks high on the rear sometimes

Are you running with standard shocks Andy?

I'm considering going with the Uberbus 50mm Eibach kit - which has an adjustable rear spring so they can get the van level.
Not cheap, but a lot less than coilovers.
Uberbus_Link
Yes m8 standard shocks very surprised how nice a ride it is
I wanted b14s but couldn't due to 4motion
Sounds a nice kit

I'm still waiting on my eibach 30mm springs been told by my tps man there on VW back order and don't know when they will be getting them in

I've got the 30mm Eibach dealer fitted springs and mine also sits very high at the back. If you want a more level look, stay away from this option if you carry no or very little weight in the back. Don't believe the dealer when they say it will settle.
I'll be switching to B14's as soon as I get some spare money for them.

i had 40mm eibach fitted silver springs, i load the back quiet a bit and front end does lift more aswel, i was there when they fitted looked to me as if he rushed, and got told that when putting new springs on you should have youre wheel alignment done and balanced he didnt do this and i have noticed i have uneven ware on my tyres

Hello everyone
I,m not looking to cut the grass with my T6 t32 Kombi (Slidepod fitted) so i thought about fitting the Ebach 30mm springs witl it make the ride harder ???

Hello everyone
I,m not looking to cut the grass with my T6 t32 Kombi (Slidepod fitted) so i thought about fitting the Ebach 30mm springs witl it make the ride harder ???
I’m no expert and could be completely wrong but I think 30mm is what vw drop the sport line van and I was also told that the springs they use are Ebach ones to. When I dropped my van I got advise to use B14 adjustable coilovers instead of springs. I didn’t want to spend that much so I ignored it and fitted the springs. I wish I did listen as am now trying to get the money together to do exactly that so paying out twice.

The guy that carpeted my kombi said that he had seen this many times with Eibach 30mm springs being fitted to lightly loaded vans.

He suggested using Cobra springs as they drop evenly front and rear.

I did fit Cobra springs, and I can confirm that the drop on the rear is the same as the front.

I know folk like to use Eibach due to warranty concearns, but that didn't bother me.

The guy that carpeted my kombi said that he had seen this many times with Eibach 30mm springs being fitted to lightly loaded vans.

He suggested using Cobra springs as they drop evenly front and rear.

I did fit Cobra springs, and I can confirm that the drop on the rear is the same as the front.

I know folk like to use Eibach due to warranty concearns, but that didn't bother me.
I decided yesterday after posting my reply to this thread to book my van in for B14s and H&R ARBs. It’s been on my mind for a long time but the cost has always put me off but I am sick of thinking about it and think it’s time for doing. So it’s booked in for January as this is the first slot vanstyle have and I’m looking forward to it.

My experience Eibach springs were they high on the back and are made of cast iron ! If you carry weight or are converted to a camper if am sure they are fine. However i ended up paying out twice, once for the springs then for B14's and ARB's not touched it since. Money well spent and we live and learn.

My experience Eibach springs were they high on the back and are made of cast iron ! If you carry weight or are converted to a camper if am sure they are fine. However i ended up paying out twice, once for the springs then for B14's and ARB's not touched it since. Money well spent and we live and learn.
Is the ride compatible for a every day drive.

Is the ride compatible for a every day drive.
Yes absolutely i used it for a few months wound all the way down. Then raised it 5mm front and rear. Swapped the 17" wheels for 18" and would say it drives a well as my wife's Golf gtd on 19's :)

Yes absolutely i used it for a few months wound all the way down. Then raised it 5mm front and rear. Swapped the 17" wheels for 18" and would say it drives a well as my wife's Golf gtd on 19's :)
I’m still on vw 17 at the minute the reason I asked is I was unsure about the ARB making it to stiff so Just gathering opinions

I’m still on vw 17 at the minute the reason I asked is I was unsure about the ARB making it to stiff so Just gathering opinions
I would say not. It just stops thats feeling of driving over your front wheels on roundabouts etc. A far more planted drive.

Back