Ec 50 control panel

Humph75

Any advice would be great.On my Ec50 control panel I click the L Battery and all the led lights come on to show a full charge.I click on the V Battery and it’s shows the bottom led as Red.Does this mean my vehicle battery is not charging.It starts first time no problem or I have I got these L and V batteries totally confused in my head

Buy one of these and stick it in your dash cig socket - it will tell you the vehicle battery voltage.
its a useful bit of kit

Reactions: CAB
Any advice would be great.On my Ec50 control panel I click the L Battery and all the led lights come on to show a full charge.I click on the V Battery and it’s shows the bottom led as Red.Does this mean my vehicle battery is not charging.It starts first time no problem or I have I got these L and V batteries totally confused in my head
Get the 12v USB adapter voltmeter that Nigel linked to, you will know what's going on.

Presume campervan? Has it been sat around a while? Vehicle battery goes flat within a few weeks if not used.

Plenty of info on here, use a site specific Google search
site:t6forum.com
for battery monitoring and charging

Its just the range on the unit. The Main battery is kept at a lower voltage than the unit think 100% is.

If it all starts and works fine then just ignore it.

Ok, its weird "officially" so it switches off when the engine is running. What does it show once the ignition is off after then engine is on for a bit.
Also how are your 12v appliances?

Reason I'm asking is mine was "faulty" according to the fitters and got swapped out. I actually think it was wired back to front.

After the engine has been running the L works(solar) and holding the button in shows the led lights how much it’s charged.I press the V and it just shows bottom Red led light.My 12v appliances still work plus the 12v lighting.Very confusing I’ve checked the volts on the vehicle Battery which is fine and goes up once the engine is started so the alternator is working.I may take MK2GOLF says and if it works just leave it.Just a bit frustrating

Have you measured the voltage of the leisure battery? As I said before mine did this and turned out the leisure battery was never getting charged.

Hi just found this thread my missus has been away for a few days in van and said the fridge has stopped working and the two battery symbols on the control are flashing blue when engine is running

Back