Eberspacher With Poptop Or External Thermal Wrap???

pezzas

T6 Pro
Hi all,
I thought I was all set for getting an eberspacher fuel burning heater fitted but heard mixed reviews for the quality of heating in the pop top space which would be essential.
We've got an SCA pop top if makes any difference?
Has anyone got any first hand advice or reviews to help me decide please?
P.s. I assume I'll need a leisure battery setup to run the heater...
Thanks loads in advance as obviously its a costly investment either way and dont want to get both if I make a mistake with the first choice :D

Cheers all,

Adam:thumbsup:

When the bed is down there’s a relatively small gap for the heat to get through. You’d probably get better results using some tumble drier ducting to direct the heat straight up there.

I have an eberspacher and a pop top,
I read somewhere that about 16 degrees is a good comfortable base temp during the night.
As deaky mentions the pop top leaves a small gap for the heat to move up into the pop top. I found 16degrees left the top too cold as the heat was sat in the main body of the van below the pop top. So far I've found 20 degrees on the screen good as the heater is running long enough for the heat to reach the top. It does leave the van warmer than the pop top but I found once without duvet/sleeping bag you're grateful for the extra heat down below.
The main issues I've found is when someone (usually me) pops for a wee midway through the night. I takes a little longer heating up the top. So far nothing has been issue but we've yet to give the winter camping scene a real test.

Hi all,
I thought I was all set for getting an eberspacher fuel burning heater fitted but heard mixed reviews for the quality of heating in the pop top space which would be essential.
We've got an SCA pop top if makes any difference?
Has anyone got any first hand advice or reviews to help me decide please?
P.s. I assume I'll need a leisure battery setup to run the heater...
Thanks loads in advance as obviously its a costly investment either way and dont want to get both if I make a mistake with the first choice :D

Cheers all,

Adam:thumbsup:

You will need a leisure battery yes, as the Eberspacher needs 12v to run a pump and fan etc.

I have a pop top and with the roof down, and eber on, 13 is way hot enough for us. The eber is hardly on then as well, just ticking over occasionally throwing out some air. I've used it in temps below freezing and its great. As long as you have insulated well and have decent curtains you will be fine.

Wil the pop top up, I've not used it yet i'm afraid. I'm going to Arran in October with my girlfriend and our 2 month old son, she will be downstairs with him and i'll be in the roof, might pack my 4 season sleeping bag as 20 degrees will be way too hot for the girlfriend and son. Plus my poor dog will be panting all night!

The pop top covers do look a great idea as it is only a thin piece of fabric.

Back