e-Transporter - charging issues

Mark72!

Hi, I’m new to owning a VW let alone an electric transporter and new to using forums so I apologise if I’m not posting in the right area. I’ve had my amazing etransporter for 4 weeks and love it, all but the charging of it. I’m having problems with it not charging at home, and when I’ve contacted the electrician who installed the wall
Charger, the used van dealership, and myenergi who manufacture the zappi wall charger, they all say it’s the van’s settings not allowing it to charge at that time (not the same time day of the week or the same time of the day when it won’t charge). Some days it’ll charge straight away with no issues and other times it just says delayed charged and won’t charge at all. It’s really confusing. I’ve looked through all the menu options in the van and can’t find anything. I’ve looked in the manual and online and can’t find anything. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Some chargers have a built in sensor which means it won't charge the van if the house is under excessive loads ie; washer,dryer shower,cooker in use. It's to prevent the main fuse from overload which could cause it to pop and you really dont want to wait for hours for your supplier to attend. Therefore the unit will only charge the van mainly at night or with no load on the house. Should say something similar in the instructions.

Thank you, I am keeping a log of when it’s charging and not charging to try to find A pattern. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: JDC
Is your energy provider trying to get it charge at cheaper rates during low peak periods?
Hi, my energy tarried is the same 24hours a day for me, but it wouldn’t even work at 11pm or 5.45am on occasions. It’s a good idea though, thank you.

I had a VW Passat and Skoda Superb hybrids. In the infotainment there’s various settings for % of charge and daily/weekly departure times. If you have these features, check them. Something in there may be something set and preventing a full charge as soon as you plug it in.

Is this problem only when plugged in at home via your own wall supply unit or has this happened at other public charging points? It’s worth checking. Have you tried the 3 pin plug charging cable at home? it drinks power more slowly, but worth checking if the problem is only the main cable/wall unit.

My VW/Skoda dealer and HO customer service was utterly useless with understanding the settings of both the Passat and Superb charging options and a few issues that arose. So you may have to trial and error yourself to pinpoint any problems.

There is some discussion about charging speed over here, but it seems mostly around AC charging only being able to charge at 7kw when you have a 3 phase charger:

A left field thought, are the times it won't charge immediately after heavy use?

Battery pack life is reduced when they are charged when very hot, if the packs are hot the charger could be waiting for them to cool down.

You may find your house is connected to a looped supply, a big dis-advantage with heavy load requirements.

Hi, I’m new to owning a VW let alone an electric transporter and new to using forums so I apologise if I’m not posting in the right area. I’ve had my amazing etransporter for 4 weeks and love it, all but the charging of it. I’m having problems with it not charging at home, and when I’ve contacted the electrician who installed the wall
Charger, the used van dealership, and myenergi who manufacture the zappi wall charger, they all say it’s the van’s settings not allowing it to charge at that time (not the same time day of the week or the same time of the day when it won’t charge). Some days it’ll charge straight away with no issues and other times it just says delayed charged and won’t charge at all. It’s really confusing. I’ve looked through all the menu options in the van and can’t find anything. I’ve looked in the manual and online and can’t find anything. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

start the charge with an unlocked van and try not locking the van when charging.

I just picked up etransporter last fri, also have a zappi. When i lock the car, the charging stops after a few mins and i get a charging error. Could just be my van though :)

The delayed charge thing is a europe thing. The charge light is orange, i press + on zappi and it goes green and charges.

Hi, I have been having this issue for the past month. Have had my van since March 23 but this has only been a problem since December. I have tried 3 pin plugs and now had a charging pod installed and still the same issue. I have no scheduled departures set but the van will not charge when I plug it in. It often starts to charge but after 5 minutes it stops. I’m tearing my hair out trying to resolve it!!

Is there a 'charge immediately ' tick box?
My i3s has that and it needs ticking even if you have no schedules set.

Back