DVLA and reclassifying a converted campervan

Panel van to kombi doesn’t change speed limits I’m afraid. The only time it would is if you managed to register it as a campervan which dvla is preventing. Panel van to kombi will probably be van with windows same as for campervans

There is loads on the speed limit topic on this forum already.

I am expecting my v5 back with van with windows with seating capacity changed to 5.

The point is that it is a legal requirement to tell the DVLA of certain changes that have been made to a modified vehicle.

I couldn't give a stuff about what the v5 states, as long as I have the vehicle I need and the insurers are kept happy.

I know that my vehicle better suits me and my business than any standard kombi that I could configure with vw.

Panel van to kombi doesn’t change speed limits I’m afraid. The only time it would is if you managed to register it as a campervan which dvla is preventing. Panel van to kombi will probably be van with windows same as for campervans
Incorrect.

I bought my 71 plate T6.1 from Salop Vans with 6 seats and side windows but when the V5 arrived it stated panel van with 3 seats. I sent the V5 back to DVLA with windows and 6 seats on the 9th December and it was signed for on the 11 December todate I’ve heard nothing from the DVLA.

John.

I bought my 71 plate T6.1 from Salop Vans with 6 seats and side windows but when the V5 arrived it stated panel van with 3 seats. I sent the V5 back to DVLA with windows and 6 seats on the 9th December and it was signed for on the 11 December todate I’ve heard nothing from the DVLA.

John.
You may be waiting a while!

Since I last posted I had forms from DVLA wanting to know what alterations had been done to our van so I sent copies of all certificates I received from Salop Vans including pictures of windows and the interior and yesterday I got my log book back stating Van with windows and Six seats including driver.
So it took a total of 11 weeks for DVLA to change my log book.

John.

Reactions: CAB
Since I last posted I had forms from DVLA wanting to know what alterations had been done to our van so I sent copies of all certificates I received from Salop Vans including pictures of windows and the interior and yesterday I got my log book back stating Van with windows and Six seats including driver.

John.
Did they give you the “Covid” excuse?!!

No covid excuse but they said if I didn’t send them the required information within 21 days they would send V5 as Panel Van, so I sent them more than enough certificates and photos.

John.

No covid excuse but they said if I didn’t send them the required information within 21 days they would send V5 as Panel Van, so I sent them more than enough certificates and photos.

John.
Apologies for my cynicism - I just think they are such a shower of lazy, useless knobs.

As a matter of interest, did they remove the van’s ULEZ exemption when they returned your V5, like they do if you put a “private” reg on your van?

I put a private reg on mine in 2018 and didn’t lose the ULEZ exemption.

I assume you shouldn’t lose it. Has anyone appealed?

Why would you loss it just by putting a private plate on?
You don’t “lose” it….it just doesn’t show on your V5, which is a right pain! So, if I put the original reg into the tfl website, it shows as exempt, but the private reg doesn’t! I’d just have to go through the rigmarole of explaining the situation to tfl.

You don’t “lose” it….it just doesn’t show on your V5, which is a right pain! So, if I put the original reg into the tfl website, it shows as exempt, but the private reg doesn’t! I’d just have to go through the rigmarole of explaining the situation to tfl.
How does it show on the V5? I’ve checked mine on the website and it shows as exempt. Have you appealed it with the DVLA?

John.
@Rioja John why bother? Just curious ,

How does it show on the V5? I’ve checked mine on the website and it shows as exempt. Have you appealed it with the DVLA?
They referred me to tfl! I couldn’t be faffed. I have a photocopy of the original V5 and will take that to court if I’m fined

Back