DSG or Manual?

I don't own a manual car, all mine are auto/semi audio and I specifically wanted a DSG when I bought my T6 as it makes it so much easier on long journeys and easier for the Mrs to drive when she needs to use it. Yes the T6 doesn't have paddle shift but its not something I drive that spiritedly anyway so I don't miss them.

Drove a T6.1 Manual and DSG back to back as a test drive, and the DSG was a no brainer for me.. that being said mine has a little bit of vibration at low revs under load I need to get checked out!

I don't own a manual car, all mine are auto/semi audio and I specifically wanted a DSG when I bought my T6 as it makes it so much easier on long journeys and easier for the Mrs to drive when she needs to use it. Yes the T6 doesn't have paddle shift but its not something I drive that spiritedly anyway so I don't miss them.
On my previous van I had a smaller paddle steering fitted from a Golf GTI as it was smaller and looked great too but found I hardly ever used the paddles.

My new T6.1 DSG van has a nice steering wheel as standard. Paddle shift didn’t even enter my head. I have had a gearbox remap which has vastly improved the shift pattern matched to a revised torque curve on the remapped engine. I have no need for paddles.

On my previous van I had a smaller paddle steering fitted from a Golf GTI as it was smaller and looked great too but found I hardly ever used the paddles.

My new T6.1 DSG van has a nice steering wheel as standard. Paddle shift didn’t even enter my head. I have had a gearbox remap which has vastly improved the shift pattern matched to a revised torque curve on the remapped engine. I have no need for paddles.
What MY is your T6.1 Robert? I thought the new DSG boxes hadn't been cracked for remapping yet... or am I behind the curve on this one? :confused:

Pendle Performance did mine. There was no mention of not being able to remap the gearbox. They highly recommended the gearbox is remapped at the same time the engine is remapped.

Back