Dsg ,driveshaft

jimdad

VIP Member
T6 Pro
My t32 is making a clicking type of noise when I steer one way.i think it could be a CV joint, driveshaft.
Has anyone changed a driveshaft on one with a dsg box. Is it more involved than a manual box. Thanks

My t32 is making a clicking type of noise when I steer one way.i think it could be a CV joint, driveshaft.
Has anyone changed a driveshaft on one with a dsg box. Is it more involved than a manual box. Thanks
Inner CV joints rarely fail, most likely the outer. Unless you really want to change the whole driveshaft it would be cheaper to simply change the outer CV joint.

Inner CV joints rarely fail, most likely the outer. Unless you really want to change the whole driveshaft it would be cheaper to simply change the outer CV joint.
It's an ex rac van ànd looking at the history it had something done to that side about 25k ago.

I’ve always used cheap, reconditioned exchange CVJs on my banger of an A4. Most of the time they last, occasionally the regrind may have been pushed too far and they don’t. Hopefully with a ex RAC van you have some detailed maintenance history.

I’ve always used cheap, reconditioned exchange CVJs on my banger of an A4. Most of the time they last, occasionally the regrind may have been pushed too far and they don’t. Hopefully with a ex RAC van you have some detailed maintenance history.
Seems to have had a fair bit done to it..but I think it's due some new shocks too

Hi everyone,I want to change driveshaft(driver side) but I’m a bit confused.My driveshaft is not like the one with 6 bolts after the inner CV joint.It’s that from the picture below.
My question is when I take the old driveshaft shaft out there will be oil leak from the gearbox or not(I really hope not)?
Any advice and help will be much appreciated

IMG_6809.jpeg

Hi everyone,I want to change driveshaft(driver side) but I’m a bit confused.My driveshaft is not like the one with 6 bolts after the inner CV joint.It’s that from the picture below.
My question is when I take the old driveshaft shaft out there will be oil leak from the gearbox or not(I really hope not)?
Any advice and help will be much appreciated

View attachment 207618
I did the shaft on my one with no leakage to worry about

Yes, mine is a 7-speed DSG. No leakage when I replaced the (right) drive shaft. Biggest issue is loosening the nut on the shaft. You need a long power bar.
Thanks for all your replies.Will give to go this weekend,fingers crossed everything will be spot on.I’m glad there will bo no oil leak because I just did gearbox service about 700 miles.If is not bad,I’m planning to change on some points passenger side as well

I’m not sure how to do it mate because this model is not with the 6 bolt,only have snap ring in the end
Today I took out the old driveshaft.It went kind of easy job.But I’m a bit worried is it normal in inner CV joint to be some kind of oil instead of grease.

IMG_6833.jpeg

IMG_6832.jpeg

Back