Aftermarket driveshafts - anyone found good ones?

stupot

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, I may need new driveshafts soon, I have a 2017 204 4m DSG. Anyone managed to find any good aftermarket ones that are cheaper than genuine (which are £1500)?

I used deutscheparts | eBay Stores
It came in a plain box with different stickers but was a 100% genuine part. I had previously had two from the local motor factors and the quality difference was amazing. The motor factor ones are made of chocolate I think!
Mine is a manual, replaced the drivers side, the long one with joint for about £286.00.
Just email them if not listed.

Hi all, I may need new driveshafts soon, I have a 2017 204 4m DSG. Anyone managed to find any good aftermarket ones that are cheaper than genuine (which are £1500)?
Were you able to find front drive shafts? I've been looking this week and haven't been able to find anything in stock for the same van due psv in 3 weeks time.

Hi stupot, I have the same spec and age of van and going to be doing some suspension/ brake upgrades. Is the driveshaft wear down to mileage or any other factor. I am aware that some lift kits state the life of the driveshafts can be reduced.
Cheers

Hi both, I’ve not yet had the work done as it’s not 100% confirmed that there’s a problem. It’s just my suspicion that the small vibration is down to that. I never did find an alternative to VW genuine parts

If you have a vibration, check your wheel temperature on a run with the back of your hand.

The brake callipers can stick very slightly on these vans.

In my case it produced a wheel type vibration around the 40-45 mph mark, I was convinced it was a wheel, tyre or driveshaft problem, it was the NSF brake caliper sticking!

I'd fitted some new Ferodo brake pads, I had to file a considerable amount of protective coating from the sides of the pads to a allow the pad to travel freely in the caliper, this is pretty common with new Chinesium pads but I was a little shocked with the Ferodo allegedly European brand.
Alas as the pads started to wear down it reached the original sticking point again and the brake started to bind ever so slightly, not so as you could hear it, I could only detect the wheel temperature difference after a good 20 miles though. The vibration had returned.
The piston in the caliper was at its original sticking point.
I gave in and fitted a new brake caliper, problem gone.

Back