Oil leak around nearside driveshaft

Longers

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

I’ve been noticing a bit of a judder on the steering wheel. Seems worse when turning left. When stationary the last half a turn of the steering is quite bad with the wheel and tyres shaking quite a bit.

I’m guessing driveshaft/CV is shot so looking to get that replaced.

But when I was looking there is quite a bit of oil around the inner boot (where the driveshaft goes into the DSG). It looks like it’s coming from the boot itself and has sprayed a bit around it. Boot itself looks fine and isn’t split so not sure where the oil is coming from. Im guessing there a seal behind the boot where the driveshaft connects to the dsg box. Is that a separate part or part of the driveshaft? Anyone know if that’s easy to replace?

I noticed the power steering fluid was quite low, but topped it up and it’s still juddering just as bad.

It’s an ex RAC T32 with 126k MY17.

Hopefully someone help tell me what seal I need before I start taking it apart and realise I’ve only got half the bits I need.

Cheers
Harvey

Photo of where I mean…

A9CE2C53-E52D-40F5-9BE9-FA5C555DC66B.jpeg

I think you need to completely degrease the area before you can say the boot is good, it only takes a pinhole to leave a big mess when the drive shaft is spinning.

Yeah, am guessing it’s got a small hole, will replace that anyway. But it’s more what seal I need for the dsg. Is there an exploded parts drawing somewhere?

Ah ha… think this is what I need

And one of these…

Just hope I’ve got the right socket for the hub nut!

Back