DRL warning

Its confusing as hell as I had my original bulbs in for no more than 12 days.which would be roughly 24 hours of driving time.

IMG_2194.JPG IMG_2192.JPG
IMG_2192.JPG
No staining or heat scorches on my standard ones. I have done just under 11,000 miles.

If the original bulbs damage the headlights then I'm putting them back in.

And then asking VW for some H7s or LEDs as replacements :)

Would someone kindly remind me what bulb fitting to look for with my in light drls?

2016 t6 high line

Well after a good inspect today in the light I don't think mine are damaged at all!

When you closely inspect them, this supposed heat fanning moves around the reflector depending on your angle and vantage point. The top part is still perfectly reflective and not dulled at all......just hard to photograph!

Watch this youtube video and you'll see what causes the issue. It's actually a type of smoke damage! Obviously this video is for side lights however the DLR will be the same.

Well after a good inspect today in the light I don't think mine are damaged at all!

When you closely inspect them, this supposed heat fanning moves around the reflector depending on your angle and vantage point. The top part is still perfectly reflective and not dulled at all......just hard to photograph!

When lights off then it looks normal but that video obviously concerns me so opting for white look halogen.

When lights off then it looks normal but that video obviously concerns me so opting for white look halogen.

Without being rude or cheeky......it might be down to the style / build of the replacement LED unit?

The ones I have are a very different design to the open ones you have and aren’t giving any issues (apart from possibly reducing DAB signal strength :().

View media item 1086
View media item 1084
View media item 1085

I've just replaced my DRL and side light LEDs with standard bulbs that have blue tinted glass. The DRL ones were very dark blue and I was concerned I would look like a 17 year old with a Corsa however they do give out white light once on. More importantly, you can wipe off the smoke damage on the reflector with a cloth (I removed the H4 bulbs to do the side light ones but didn't bother with the DRLs)

I’m still running my (nearly 2 year old) T6 with H4 with original bulbs. No staining visible

3A57941D-F61B-471B-8B4B-57CADA0BC36D.jpeg

Back