DRL warning

PukkaT6

Pukka Insurance
T6 Legend
If you bought the same DRL's as me you need to remove them. They are doing the same as my sidelights and burning too hot I presume where they attach to connection.

After 2000miles its only just started - thinking yellow lights are the future.

IMG_8797.JPG

Last edited:
I dont get it, I stopped at garage and they said LED's dont give off heat and so it must be the connections melting - I checked and nothing at all so im stumped.

Either way I am back to yellow lights for now.

I did buy another set of sidelight leds and they are not as bright and stick out further and the member of this forum who has had them has no marks on his lights.

Thanks for letting us know, I also bought some so will take them out at the weekend.

The search starts again for others. I did see some expensive ones that were about £15 for each bulb but I can't find them again. They looked a lot neater than these ones as they didn't have all the individual Leds, I think they were Cree if that mean anything to anyone.

I still have my yellow DRLs and have grown fond of them so keeping them. Upgraded the side and main beam and they are brighter but do appear to be hot when in use but will check them for scorch marks today.

Has anyone else able to take a picture of their drls? Just had another member message me and his lights look the same - It would be good to see someone with h4s with standard bulbs.

The led itself is only a small part of the circuit, the driver is where the most heat will be generated.

Cree are the best, you'll find them in high end torches etc too now.
There is a huge market for fake cree though too

The led itself is only a small part of the circuit, the driver is where the most heat will be generated.

Cree are the best, you'll find them in high end torches etc too now.
There is a huge market for fake cree though too

About 20 versions of the same bulb on ebay lol

I got my led side lights and running lights from Halfords. Had them in for around 5000 miles now . I'll check and let you know the outcome.

Back