Drivers seat as a passenger seat?

Having a double airbag for a single passenger's no problem though is it, or is the issue something different?
That's not a problem, but I think we're talking about airbags in the seats themselves. The side impact seat airbag would be on the wrong side using a RHD drivers seat on the passenger side of the van.

I'm thinking, will the dash airbag light be on if I don't plug an air bag connector into single passenger seat?

Having a double airbag for a single passenger's no problem though is it, or is the issue something different?
what happens when it goes off straight into the side of the driver?

Is it possible to fit a non airbag seat in passenger side? Someone mentioned a resistor to keep airbag light off

What is the name of the company in Poland? Am after a single captain seat and like the idea of a LHD drivers seat, thanks

I have done this and you will need to move the seat belt over and there is not a point already on the other side. I think if you search the forum there is a description of what to do (I am sure that's where I found it) The added bonus is you end up with a height adjustable passenger seat.
My passenger seat is already height adjustable, single captains seat fitted from factory. As far as I can tell it is exactly the same as the driver side seat but with adjusters etc on the other side. Mine don’t have airbags fitted.

You can also check for left hand single seats from finnish and swedish cars, as they are lhd you usually have height adjustment and lumbar sometimes.

Finnish site.
Swedish site.
I found the seat i was looking for on the Swedish site but the company who had it wouldn't deliver to Glasgow, good price as well.

I found the seat i was looking for on the Swedish site but the company who had it wouldn't deliver to Glasgow, good price as well.
That's unfortunate. I bought a seat from UK the seller shipped it to Finland. Maybe with some conversation they'll accept the deal. Mine was shipped on a half pallet, neatly packaged too.

That's unfortunate. I bought a seat from UK the seller shipped it to Finland. Maybe with some conversation they'll accept the deal. Mine was shipped on a half pallet, neatly packaged too.
ano, if you ship then what's the difference if customer is paying? emailed them again asking if they post to main land UK, they might think I live in some loch in the highlands.

You could ask if they can pack it and you'll deal with the shipping. Just arrange DHL to pick it up. I've done this once.

Doulsy, if you know some one in England who might accept it for. Perhaps you could try that. It might be problematical for some delivery co. to accept some Scottish addresses. Like the Highlands for instance.

Does anyone know if I can use another drivers captain seat as a replacement for the double passenger swivel seat?

Does anyone know if I can use another drivers captain seat as a replacement for the double passenger swivel seat?
I have heard of it being done, you'll have to modify the seat belt clip as it will be on the wrong side. You insurance company may have issue with this.

Thank you. Sounds like a pain. Just like the one in my back from the double passenger seat. :)

Hi all, fairly new to this forum but I think I need some advice re seats. I have a T6 Caravelle with a Captains drivers seat (no heating) and a passenger bench seat. I want to change the Bench seat for a Passengers Captains Seat with armrests etc (no Heating).

I have sourced a swivel seat base and obtained a Captains drivers seat from a T5. I know it fits on the 4 bolt seat swivel base no issues there. The problem is moving the seat belt bracket to the offside of the single captains seat. I have sourced the passenger plastic trims as well.

However, it appears that I have no corresponding bracket on the replacement seat so my only option is to move the seat belt bracket from the nearside. But, if I do this then I have to move all the adjustments as well. Is there something obvious I am missing as I am not sure all the adjustments can just be swopped round (Height, Tilt etc). I have a couple of photos of the nearside and offside of the new captains seat.

Any help would be appreciated

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-03 at 19.39.46.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-06 at 18.31.51.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-06 at 18.32.03.jpeg

Photo one is the new seat
Photo two is the nearside
Photo three is the offside

Back