Driver side fuse box removal.

Bigfoot

Looking for some help. I've fitted a towbar and PF jones dedicated electrics kit to my 2021 T6.1 but can't complete the CANBus connections without removing the driver side fuse box to access the rear connectors. I've got the panels off but can't see how the fuse box is secured. Can anyone point me in the right direction having done it yourself?

Looking for some help. I've fitted a towbar and PF jones dedicated electrics kit to my 2021 T6.1 but can't complete the CANBus connections without removing the driver side fuse box to access the rear connectors. I've got the panels off but can't see how the fuse box is secured. Can anyone point me in the right direction having done it yourself?
T6 or 6.1?

If you look from the front there are 3 lugs that snap it into position, you need to gently pull the fusebox forwards while bending/unclipping the lugs in term and it will wiggle forwards a bit
You obviously cant pull the whole thing out as all the cables hold it in place but i found you can lean it forwards and access the rear of the top row of fuses if you are looking to populate some empty slots, not tried any of the lower ones yet they look a bit more tricky !

2021 6.1. It's in my original post.
Hi

How did you get on with this- I am faced with the same issue! The instructions make it look like a doddle- which it is anything but!

I got the bcm out but there simoly isn’t room to do the bcm pin work.

I shoved it back together last night and the ADAS / SCS etc lit up like a xmas tree which … thankfully… reset after a lock and sleep!

I got some help from a friend who does a lot of these. Basically he just tee’d in to the CANbus behind the light switch and didn’t go near the BCM. It sort of described this in one of the options in the instructions I got with the kit. CANbus is a simple serial network so it doesn’t actually matter where you connect in. The light switch was close to where my new cable end were so that was the choice.

Wow that is a top tip- thank you!
I got the impression the splice for those not brave enough to go into the BCM connectors.
Will take a look
Thanks again

Back