Drive Train Choice T32 or T30 4 Motion

Mupp3tt

T6 Pro
Hi, Does anyone have any information on the cost of the grade 7 MOT and if one is needed for T32 T30 ? I have just ordered a T32 4Motion and I am wondering if I would be better buying the T30 for this reason. The van isn't to be used for heavy loads, but as a sport van. thanks

Over 3 tonne requires grade 7 AFAIK so believe T32 will fall into that category, not sure about price though cant imagine it makes that much difference just means we have to go to a particular garage that offers that service

If you don't need it why go for T32? All you are doing is paying more money for heavier springing.

Well that and a few other bits - don't rely on the dealer's salesman they are usually useless.

I believe you get the bigger brakes to stop the heavier loads but if you are going for a 204 I think you get those anyway.

You need to go through the brochure options and then the option list, the online configurator and if you can find it the latest data sheet (the dealer will have a copy).

The last datasheet link I had has gone but here is the one from July 2015.

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/media/2253997/brochure_150715_t6_pv_datasheet.pdf

And even then none of these is complete and aren't well explained.

@VanBlanc Yes, i an begining to relise that, I have been trying to order a van for months between two dealers and prior to the price increase and I've been pushed back every step of the way. frustraiting especially in that they could have taken my order in the lower price scheme ready for the 204 release. I have looked at the van configurator and I'm surprised at the additional options that the dealer has not informed me of. also the pricing seems to differ on every extra.
The information on the bigger brakes is great to know, that said where did you find that. Even down to interior leather, the dealer was only offering fabric and nothign else, but it is there on the configurator. Not that I am bothered as I want a custom interior but.... First ever new vehicle and it isnt fairing well... Any pointers are welcome!

The T32 also comes with the 17inch Devonports as standard as well.

@Rob Cheers.
Has anyone any input on the tow bar removable. seems to be a 490 esque option , any idea on aftermarket cost as it has the stabilization as well or does it not need it...

We have it on our T5 and spec'd it on our new order - for the money I wouldn't bother with an aftermarket item.

No stabilisation - cant say we would have needed it but then we haven't towed more than 750kg.

Pukka Westfalia removable hitch - you can only see socket when the hitch is removed

Full electric integration including alarm on disconnection and disable the park sensors.

Can't quite do the same thing with aftermarket. Retro fitting hardware would involve removing the rear bumper but I don't know what you would do about the electrics.

Yes, i agree, phone call tomorrow with the dealer i think. I just did a tow bar on my Girlfriends new volvo v40 and it has a dedicated wire loom, although you have to cut two wires and splice a third. was easy enough until trying to attache the detachable tow bar head to find the mechanism broken and would not lock/.:mad::confused: was Pretty easy but no gaurentee here and I have read will cost £1200 ish notes due to having to program the vehicle... eugh . new cars...

I added the westfalia kit to my touareg ( not quite the same). The wiring and module was nearly £300. Fitting was a pain as you had to remove some wires from one of the connectors and then insert into another, run cable all the way to the battery and both fuseboxes. Then activate the module with vcds.
Hence me speccing the factory removable on my t6.

Back