Drive shaft t6 4motion dsg 204

Antopenwright

Hi all hope you are all safe and well. This is my first ever post in a forum despite owning tractors, excavators, dumpers , track motorbikes and off road motorbikes.

I have had a "wobble" under drive been through various discussions and complaints with VW directly as the franchise could diagnose the issue. Having had 2 egr coolers 2 new turbos VW have offered to pay some of the repair bill quoted at £860. The vehicle is now out of warranty and I have in fact ordered a new 6.1 but I cannot move this vehicle on without ensuring it is right for the next owner.

I have taken the drive shaft off (right hand front) and the bearings are that perished when pulling the shaft to get the complete drive shaft off the inner joint just pulled apart. The housing for the 3 bearings is still in the gearbox and I cannot get it out even with pry bars etc. I have the drive shaft in a box ready for the recon place tomorrow. Is there something I'm missing to get the housing out? There is no bolts on it as far as I see.

Your help is much appreciated, the workshop manual was of little use.

IMG_20200706_194148.jpg

IMG_20200706_194215.jpg

IMG_20200706_194152.jpg

IMG_20200706_142714.jpg

Back