Drilling for curtains

JBR80

CNC machinist
T6 Pro
Hi all. I'm about to fit curtains, and drilling for the rail screws is obviously required. I'm concerned that there could be electric cables. Could anyone who knows the original cable routes of the T6 comment on their positions and if I need to be concerned?

Can't help on any cable routing but when I did mine, I used a 2mm pilot drill and small self tappers......I thought the chances of 1. Hitting a cable, low and 2. Damaging the cable, negligible.....

Can't help on any cable routing but when I did mine, I used a 2mm pilot drill and small self tappers......I thought the chances of 1. Hitting a cable, low and 2. Damaging the cable, negligible.....
Yeah I think you're right. The OCD in me struggles with the possible but unlikely events.

I did the barn doors and the sliding door, just leaves behind the drive side mid, and passenger rear qtr.

I opted for careful drilling with a 5mm drill and using 3mm rivnuts to be inserted into the metalwork. I'll be using countersunk m3x12mm screws to attach the rails and poppers.

Back