Double seat - swivel + heated

Albel

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all firstly never had chance to say thank you for letting me join the Forum.
I am now a proud owner of a t6.1 in pure grey and have spent the last few night looking at the pages to answer most of my questions
So now for the dilemma I really want to put a swivel base on both my drivers seat and bench seat, I think I can manage the drivers with heating connection but I can’t see anybody that has the base for a double without losing my heated connection.
I may be wrong and also it may have been discussed before but if someone couldn’t help this newbie that would be great.
Also by adding the swivel does it add much height to the seat, or lose the adjustment
Thanks in advance
Alan

Sorry, I don't know about the heating side of it. Just wish mine were heated!!. But the passenger seat will definitely be taller. My husband who is 6ft just fits below the roof line.

Sorry, I don't know about the heating side of it. Just wish mine were heated!!. But the passenger seat will definitely be taller. My husband who is 6ft just fits below the roof line.
What make or model have you used pls as I don’t want to go that heigh
? I thought it just added around 40mm

Hi all firstly never had chance to say thank you for letting me join the Forum.
I am now a proud owner of a t6.1 in pure grey and have spent the last few night looking at the pages to answer most of my questions
So now for the dilemma I really want to put a swivel base on both my drivers seat and bench seat, I think I can manage the drivers with heating connection but I can’t see anybody that has the base for a double without losing my heated connection.
I may be wrong and also it may have been discussed before but if someone couldn’t help this newbie that would be great.
Also by adding the swivel does it add much height to the seat, or lose the adjustment
Thanks in advance
Alan
WRT passenger double

Yes it can be done & has been by many inc myself.
Post in thread 'What Have You Done To Your Van Today?'
What Have You Done To Your Van Today?
The wiring needs moving external to the seat base & a fly-lead made up with some external detachable connector (I used an XLR) some drill/fit a panel mount socket into the metal base & various plugs socket types have been used.

Do you have seat airbags as this will make things a lot more complicated.

If you disconnect with the ignition on to swivel you will get error codes stored without seat airbags, just no dash warning lights

The Kiravans base adds a fair bit of height ~1-1/2” -2”

If you use the forum search facility you will find various posts/threads on how people have done this

Back