Double front passenger seat split folding

Neat6

Hello,
I have a T6 and have recently purchased a kayak which fits inside the van and sits on top of the double passenger seat. I would like the option of fitting two kayaks and a passenger. If i folded 1 side of the double front passenger seat, this would allow the kayaks to sit on the folded back of one seat, while a passenger sat in the other seat. It's a converted van and I put the bed out and the kayak sits on there at the moment with the front end supported on the top of the passenger seat back rest at an angle. Is there a split double passenger seat option out there? Don't want a roof rack option.
thanks for looking

Hi, I've never seen a folding double passenger seat that's split in the middle in a VW

It sounds like this needs custom making or maybe something from another vehicle re-upholstered to match..?

There's an example here, where two singles were fitted.... but it needed brackets making and modding and this i don't think was a VW..

It sounds doable but not easy..!

SeatsDown03.jpgSeatsReversed03.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jason, thanks for the reply and information. At least I know there's not an easy option out there. Is it legal to put in a swivel to my existing seat and drive with it swiveled? Can you see out of the passenger window easily and the wing mirror. can a passenger sit facing rearwards while on the move?

I'm not sure if it's legal... When swivelled I don't think the seat is locked into a crash tested safe position... i know my single passenger seat doesn't lock facing backwards... So probably not safe to travel with passengers facing into the back... But I'm not 100% certain.

cant you put a passenger seat in rear of van swivel seat facing backwards will likely block mirror but importantly seat belt wont work and probably not legal to use in that position

Hi Jason, thanks for the reply and information. At least I know there's not an easy option out there. Is it legal to put in a swivel to my existing seat and drive with it swiveled? Can you see out of the passenger window easily and the wing mirror. can a passenger sit facing rearwards while on the move?

I’ve got a double swivel, and visibility is shocking when it’s spun round. It covers some of the front screen to the nearside, the mirror and the side window. I’ve manoeuvred the van with it in that position and it’s a pain.

thank you all for your input, I think I'll put a folding bracket to my existing seat just to make transporting my single kayak easier when on my own, also a swivel base to utilise the van space when in camping mode. I think if I want to transport 2 kayaks, I'll buy slightly shorter ones, only talking 300 mm or so. I can then use the double front seat
thanks again.

The seatbelts wouldn't work if swivelled surely. I've a folding double bench seat from a T6 if you're interested? Those folding brackets aren't cheap.

I think he just wants one half of the double seat to fold... as if it were a split seat...

Back