Door seals, but what size?

Molldog

T6 Guru
I know this subject has been discussed at length so please bare with me.

Looking to make my van sound like a golf and get some rubber door seals. Had a snoop on E of the Bay and just confused myself.
What bloody size do you buy? There seems to be a right old variation of seal sizes available to make your van sound like a golf.
I may be wrong, but I would assume that the larger sizes available would make the doors harder to close?

What is the all round preferred size of door seal to fit which would not involve waking the neighbours with extreme door slamming!

I know this subject has been discussed at length so please bare with me.

Looking to make my van sound like a golf and get some rubber door seals. Had a snoop on E of the Bay and just confused myself.
What bloody size do you buy? There seems to be a right old variation of seal sizes available to make your van sound like a golf.
I may be wrong, but I would assume that the larger sizes available would make the doors harder to close?

What is the all round preferred size of door seal to fit which would not involve waking the neighbours with extreme door slamming!
I bought these. Fitted perfectly….and that dash rubber has saved a whole load of stuff from vanishing down that gap too!

Reactions: CAB
Originally got mine from Travelin-Lite but the drivers door needed a good slam............found this on Ebay and it's that little but smaller so the drivers door now shuts perfect.

I have just bought some 16mm ones for my new t6.1 and door won’t shut at all any tips please or any body else had the problem cheers

@Stuart Docchar I’ve just fitted the 16mm ones to my 6.1. from travelin lite and they work perfectly- doors’shut like a golf’ and I’m pretty sure it’s quieter when I’m driving as well Could we have some pics of how you fitted them?

I followed @Ozi recommendation and bought the door and dashboard seal kit. Dead easy to fit on a warm day. Just make sure the doors are clean and dry before applying.
A very satisfying clunk when the doors are closed now. Drivers door does need more of a shove to close properly but it’s no biggie.
Looked on YouTube prior to fitting, lots of vids show you how to do it.

Back