Door Seal Rust

They was spot on with the warranty tbf, no questions asked, they also found a leak coming from the gearbox and said it will also be done free under warranty
Only 1 month left so am glad they raised it as I imagine it would have cost a few quid to sort!!

They was spot on with the warranty tbf, no questions asked, they also found a leak coming from the gearbox and said it will also be done free under warranty
Only 1 month left so am glad they raised it as I imagine it would have cost a few quid to sort!!
Its good to hear of a good news story.

They have been very good with us as well.Both door seals under warranty, no questions and they also spotted a leak from turbo somewhere which was done with no problems. Last service in 3 year warranty in November so hope same is done then if there is anything.

Wasn't holding out much hope after reading some posts regarding warranty claims so was relieved
Only downside is that they want it for 3 days to do the gearbox leak and aren't doing courtesy vehicles due to covid

Hi did you manage to buy a genuine seal from VW as require one and just wondered what sort of price they are?
cheers Andy
Hi, still not done mine I’m afraid, sorry. It’s on my ‘to-do’ list.

I replaced mine about a year ago.... can’t remember the price, but I got it from JustKampers.... OEM part, price now £87.50 :thumbsup:

I'm just resurrecting this thread, as sadly i too picked up my first bus at the weekend via a click and collect arrangement and only just seen similar rust damage. I had received a video walkthrough, which i felt gave me an extensive view of the van..... sadly, i didn't think to ask about the step seals, but discovered both driver side and passenger side seals are damaged.
The guys at our local Listers have quoted £477 for both sides to be completed, as it is wear and tear damage.
I'm not too frustrated at that cost, but more at the dealer i bought the van from who would clearly have known about the damage and isn't taking my calls at the moment after asking for a refund of £477.
Am I asking too much of the dealer do you think?

Hi Dan, if its the seal and not the van body Just Kampers sell the part.

I'm told its an easy thing to put on yourself. I've had the part for ages and just not got round to it yet.

Screenshot_20210125-162305_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm just resurrecting this thread, as sadly i too picked up my first bus at the weekend via a click and collect arrangement and only just seen similar rust damage. I had received a video walkthrough, which i felt gave me an extensive view of the van..... sadly, i didn't think to ask about the step seals, but discovered both driver side and passenger side seals are damaged.
The guys at our local Listers have quoted £477 for both sides to be completed, as it is wear and tear damage.
I'm not too frustrated at that cost, but more at the dealer i bought the van from who would clearly have known about the damage and isn't taking my calls at the moment after asking for a refund of £477.
Am I asking too much of the dealer do you think?

Hi Dan,

You will be covered under the long distance selling Rules.... The dealer is required to Repair , Compensate, or Refund the Vehicle...

Tyzer

So I’ve just picked up my first t6. So far I’ve had 3 t4’s and 5 t5’s. All my t5’s had the same issue but nowhere near as bad. My t6 is a 2017 with 25k on it. Both drivers and both sliders are shot. Has anyone tried the ones on eBay. Pretty much half price at £40 per door. Seems it’s worth a punt as how much worse than OE can the seals be? May even be better!!!

So I’ve just picked up my first t6. So far I’ve had 3 t4’s and 5 t5’s. All my t5’s had the same issue but nowhere near as bad. My t6 is a 2017 with 25k on it. Both drivers and both sliders are shot. Has anyone tried the ones on eBay. Pretty much half price at £40 per door. Seems it’s worth a punt as how much worse than OE can the seals be? May even be better!!!

Hey @begazzz how did you get on with your eBay seals? Was the repair straightforward? Jus noticed mine on both sides need doing…..did you use a rust inhibitor? Thanks

Back