Dometic PW1000 wind-out awning

Anthony BT

Hi hope someone can help me with a problem I have. The gearing seems to have gone in my dometic pw1000 awning and Im finding it hard to get replacement gearing. I've looked at getting a new one but the PW 1000 seems now to be discontinued and replaced with the 1100. The problem is the advertising seems to suggest that I’d have to drill the roof to fit it! I had hoped just to take off the 1000 and use the existing brackets which use existing roof bolt holes and put the 1100 straight up in its place. can anyone advise if it would be a straight swap or is there a work around? Really don’t want to drill holes in my roof! Thanks in advance

Have you tried here?
Alternatively Reimo list the gearbox in their catalogue so you could order from someone like Concept Multi-Car | VW and Reimo Campervan Conversions and Dealers – CMC are the official UK converter of Volkswagen Reimo Motorhomes. Although many converters use Reimo's quality components as part of their conversions, CMC are the only converters in the UK authorised by 'Reimo Reisemobil Center GmbH'.
If you get no response to the above then you might be able to use fiamma and thule mounts as the ones for the Fiamma F45 and Thule 4900 are the same awning fitting and I think the PW1100 is the same mount as well

Have you tried here?
Alternatively Reimo list the gearbox in their catalogue so you could order from someone like Concept Multi-Car | VW and Reimo Campervan Conversions and Dealers – CMC are the official UK converter of Volkswagen Reimo Motorhomes. Although many converters use Reimo's quality components as part of their conversions, CMC are the only converters in the UK authorised by 'Reimo Reisemobil Center GmbH'.
If you get no response to the above then you might be able to use fiamma and thule mounts as the ones for the Fiamma F45 and Thule 4900 are the same awning fitting and I think the PW1100 is the same mount as well
Thanks airhog I’ll give those suggestions a try

Back