Sold Dometic awning

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamperBadger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello - I’m going to sell my Dometic wind-out awning (including all roof brackets to fit etc). Currently on my 2019 T6. Has hardly been used. I’m not sure on price, so would welcome some advice. I am East Yorkshire based. Also would welcome some advice on the best way to seal/protect the holes this will leave in my roof. Can send pics to anyone interested.

Hello - I’m going to sell my Dometic wind-out awning (including all roof brackets to fit etc). Currently on my 2019 T6. Has hardly been used. I’m not sure on price, so would welcome some advice. I am East Yorkshire based. Also would welcome some advice on the best way to seal/protect the holes this will leave in my roof. Can send pics to anyone interested.
Deffo going to sell this if anyone is interested #awning

Hi - do you have any pics and (might be a silly question) but is it lwb or swb - finally do you need to make any holes in the body of the van to fit it?

Hello, thanks for your interest. I shall get some detailed pics in the days ahead of the awning and its fixings. My van is an SWB. As for roof holes, my understanding is that both SWB and LWB have pre-drilled holes that are plugged. I think 4 holes for SWB and 5 for LWB but I may be wrong on this and others will hopefully chime in. I am sure the answer will be found on this forum so I shall do some research. I'll also suggest an asking price once I am better informed. Hope this helps. May take me a a day or two because of other commitments.

So it's a Dometic PW1000 in white. Featured here

I have attached pics of how it attached to my SWB T6. I did not install so I don't know whether additional holes needed drilling in the van roof. You would need to take advice.

and 2.6m wide

IMG_7641.jpgIMG_7640.jpgIMG_7633.jpgIMG_7630.jpgIMG_7629.jpgIMG_7642.jpgIMG_7638.jpgIMG_7637.jpgIMG_7626.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for getting the pics up - my van is indium grey so would need a black one as it'll look unusual with a white one

Good luck with the sale

I think there is a plate bolted on to one of the 4 (or 5 on my own) holes. The two bolts we see on each attachment are probably short bolts into the plate.

Looking at your photo, if you see the original black bolt, those are the original 'blanks' which came with the van. They have a rubber washer on. You can buy them from Just Kampers. I pop a small smear of silicon grease (plumbers merch) on the rubber when I put mine on to ensure they are water tight. I'll see if I can find a link to the OEM blanks for you. Edit:

I might be interested but my van is indium gray and I'm not sure of the colour miss match also. Do you have a price in mind? Is it just the roof of do you have sides/end panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back