Dometic fridge orange light flashing solar supply

Julie274

Hi I have a Dometic fridge in my van running off solar the orange light is flashing - any ideas how to get it working properly?

image.jpg

7508773F-6E37-4D28-B481-957B24C8320F.jpeg

Why do you think it’s not work properly?

I thought amber compressor light just means the compressor is off.
Flashing red service light above this indicates fault.

Simon

More info...

What's the leisure battery voltage?

Interesting - that’s from the CRE050 manual - I can’t see a similar description in the CRX050 manual - although I guess the same applies

Simon

I have a fix for this issue. I’m no expert and the order of how I got it working may be wrong but with a bit of tinkering the fridge reset.

Make sure the leisure battery is charged to max then disconnect from mains. Pull all fuses out of your main fuse box and disconnect leisure battery. Start engine then I put all fuses back in and reconnected the leisure battery. This cleared the fault and the fridge is now working fine. It is something to do with the supply to the fridge.

This issue was definitely caused by letting the leisure battery run flat which I know is a big no. This in turn then caused the fridge to malfunction because the supply was too low. Sorry the way I’ve described isn’t very technical but it worked for me so it’s worth a try as I was about to buy a new leisure battery. Just so you know I found out how to do this from the people who converted my van so it wasn’t a guess. Just be safe when tinkering with the electrics.

@Lucas phil84

I'd suggest first of all completely disconnecting the fridge and leaving it that way for a while to let any charge fade away to ensure the controller isn't in an odd state.

Then check the general health of the leisure battery and the soundness of the fridge wiring.

Compressor fridges tend to work best with good sized cables and as direct as route to the battery as safely possible with the minimum number of connections; the current draw of the compressor motor at start up is quite large and causes a voltage drop, eventually the controller will tend to lock it out to prevent electrical overheating.

Im having the same problem
Runs for an hour or so then cuts out .
When it cuts out is the orange light solid and the blue light on?
The compressor will cut out once the fridge is up (or down) to temperature. The solid orange light just tells you that the compressor is off. Open the door for a few minutes and see if the compressor kicks back in and the orange light goes out.

So basically is a shut off for when it reaches temp then kicks back in when temperature drops?
I’ve left the door open will go back and check in 30 minutes.
Thanks all for messages

In this picture the orange light A means the compressor is off.
It will turn blue when the compressor runs.

Light B is just the temperature setting. You appear to have this on the coldest setting.

Light A is telling you if compressor is running. Don't worry about light B .

When up to temperature light A turns orange to show compressor is Not running. Once thermostat cuts back in the compressor should start up and the light A turn blue.

Is this happening?Screenshot_20240328_062216_Samsung Internet.jpg

Im checking every 20 mins with door open to see if compressor starts back up .
It’s cold here tonight at moment so might be waiting a long time .

You should be able to hear the compressor running. A low hum.
Any reason you have the temperature set so cold if ambient temperature is low.

Back