Dometic 20 Litre Mini Oven & Grill F0211GT or similar

TartanTsixer

T6 Pro
We’ve had an old campervan with no oven for nine years now but we’re excited to have a new van on order with a Dometic 20 Litre Mini Oven & Grill fitted. If you have one, or similar, what kind of things to you use it for? Do you find it is heavy on the gas usage?

We’ve had an old campervan with no oven for nine years now but we’re excited to have a new van on order with a Dometic 20 Litre Mini Oven & Grill fitted. If you have one, or similar, what kind of things to you use it for? Do you find it is heavy on the gas usage?
I think that's the one we have, I'll try and have a think, then later I will ask Mrs CAB who will remind me of all the things she has cooked for me :think smile bounce:

Frittata comes to mind, start off on the hob and finish under the grill.

Toast for breakfast in remote car parks.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, don't forget to find your Team and post some pics!

Hi, thanks for your reply and the welcome :) I thought I’d join my team once I’ve got some photos of the new addition to post. I think it will be nearer the end of October before it arrives but I’m spending hours on these forums and researching to the end of Google everything VW van related!

Reactions: CAB
Hi, thanks for your reply and the welcome :) I thought I’d join my team once I’ve got some photos of the new addition to post. I think it will be nearer the end of October before it arrives but I’m spending hours on these forums and researching to the end of Google everything VW van related!
It's a very exciting, but very dangerous (i.e. expensive) period of time!

Thanks, I’ll take a look. I’ve seen a few YouTube videos of folk loving these.
If you buy an extra lid you also have two separate pans.
Does Pizza, Roasts....just need to experiment a bit. If using on gas use a diffuser to even up the heat, I think one is supplied with it.

Last edited:
Mrs CAB's verdict:
  • Good for grilling
  • Less so as an oven, very uneven heating means frequent rotating of items

We have had pizza (from a supermarket); M&S ready meals do quite well; and we have kept things warm (tortillas etc.) while cooking on the hob.

It's Evens whether a microwave would serve us better, as we are mostly on sites with EHU, but I think we would miss the grill.

Mrs CAB's verdict:
  • Good for grilling
  • Less so as an oven, very uneven heating means frequent rotating of items

We have had pizza (from a supermarket); M&S ready meals do quite well; and we have kept things warm (tortillas etc.) while cooking on the hob.

It's Evens whether a microwave would serve us better, as we are mostly on sites with EHU, but I think we would miss the grill.
Thanks for reporting back. That it fits a pizza is good news for sure!

Reactions: CAB
Back