does anyone know if you can get any discount off dealer fitted options ?

a5cyt

t32 204 kombi highline lwb with dsg.
T6 Pro
just wondered if anyone on here has managed to get any discount off dealer fitted options like rear spoilers , lowed suspension ,side bars etc

I got a smallish discount off the spoiler and they fitted it for nothing - or maybe fitting was already in the price... ?

rear spoiler fitted on t6 is £306 inc for deep black. that's full wack price

They usually tweak it overall so it looks like a discount.

Dealers LOVE options - they make far more margin on them while being able to buy back a heavily specced vehicle for pretty much the same price as a basic one; options depreciate MUCH faster than base vehicles.

There was an example a while back of an Audi A6 - basic 2.0 diesel but with every option fitted taking it up to over £70k.
The vehicle depreciated about 40% in three years, the options were more like 90%. Aftermarket items would be even worse.

BMW also did a (very well hidden) GFV over 4 years on various options that I got hold of; quite interesting reading. Mid range options depreciated far less than top end ones and some that people said were "essential" (e.g. active suspension - I don't like it) retained 0% over four years.

Worth considering before going mad on options.

interesting that , but I guess I'm just trying to get my new kombi to look as nice as my sportline is

My Kombi was a pre-reg / Demo. I managed to get close to 1K's worth of extra's included in the price (Which was already very good)
Remember, Dealers make money on the finance deals they do.... So always remind them they have some margin there :)

Got 11% discount offered on all accessories, same as my van discount. Didn't have any but that's what they offered when I enquired.

there is a small amount of discount from TPS
i got my rear spoiler from them then painted/fitted it myself
think it was £200 ish all in

Back