Gatwick North Short Stay (car park 6)

Jules/d

VIP Member
Update!
Despite the clenched buttocks on entry, I am (more than) happy to report that the wagon fitted and the air was not filled with remorseful wailing!! :) :)
Gatwick North Terminal.
Has anyone here taken a bog standard, not lowered or running bigger/smaller rims etc etc into the short stay at Gatwick. The height limit is showing as 2.1m and according to the book I am running a swb low roof at 1.99m apparently (have just measured as well as best as possible) and don’t have any roof rails/bars fitted… That is seriously tight…. 1 whole cm to play with!!! I’m just wondering about alternatives as I have to collect someone with mobility issues…
The last update on this was 2019 so wondered if that is still valid.

Last edited:
Gatwick North Terminal.
Has anyone here taken a bog standard, not lowered or running bigger/smaller rims etc etc into the short stay at Gatwick. The height limit is showing as 2.1m and according to the book I am running a swb low roof at 1.99m apparently (have just measured as well as best as possible) and don’t have any roof rails/bars fitted… That is seriously tight…. 1 whole cm to play with!!! I’m just wondering about alternatives as I have to collect someone with mobility issues…
I’ve never done it and I’m not bog standard. But at risk of appearing pedantic (not trying to be) 1.99m to 2.1m gives you 11cm to play with. That said, still not a huge margin to stop the bum squeaking IMHO!!

I’ve never done it and I’m not bog standard. But at risk of appearing pedantic (not trying to be) 1.99m to 2.1m gives you 11cm to play with. That said, still not a huge margin to stop the bum squeaking IMHO!!
Nope - I’m tired and crap with math! :) :) (either way my cheeks will still be clenched! Hahaha

I was in there last week in our F Pace and was thinking I'm glad I didn't bring the van..... all a little to tight for me.

If you hear stories of a wailing banshee in a haunted Gatwick airport car park… It’ll just be me howling in anguish to match the sound of scratched paintwork and ripping metal…..

Gatwick North Terminal.
There is a car park at LGW N for over size vehicles, it’s a short distance on a path so would be wheel chair accessible via the lower floor of the car park.

I parked there a few weeks ago. There's two entrances, the first one I didn't fit, so carry on past it to next entrance: which is fine.

On our annual trip to Belgium we often park in 2.1m underground carparks . Current van is T6.1 with standard 16" wheels and roof bars. Never had a scrape but I suspect that the clearance is maybe more than 2.1m . I still get squeaky first time on the holiday!

I’ve got a standard t6.1 t32 and use 2.1 m car parks quite a bit with no problems. Did go into a 2.0m in York a while ago and it was fine but a bit nerve racking!

It’s not just the height that’d worry me, the corners / barriers / columns in there are tight width wise. Last time I was there, was glad I was in the car and saw a rather stressed looking gent in a Range Rover very tentatively navigating his way round!

It's. Fine. Park at the very top: it's half empty so you can park with less chance of people as scratching the sides

Back