Do reverse cameras die?!

Mixersmate

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi guys, me again, problems again!

Reverse camera working fine morning, fine after work, go to reverse on my drive way this evening, black screen!

It was fitted my a local car audio centre, I’m guessing it’s just a generic one, nothing special but was about £99, it’s plugged into a kenwood head unit.

Do they just die? Can they just die? When I engage reverse the head unit beeps and goes to the screen, so I’m guessing the head unit detects a camera is connect, the screen is just black now though?

I’m having a right nightmare with headunits and cameras lately, I’m going to have to bite the bullet and make the pilgrimage to Absolut5 and get sorted once and for all.

Any advice on my garbage camera greatly received

B48380EE-234E-4672-B465-68041070655F.jpeg

It's electronic so they can just die but usually they give a sign of failure first. Have you checked fuses etc?

It's electronic so they can just die but usually they give a sign of failure first. Have you checked fuses etc?

Hi mate, no I haven’t, I had a little tantrum then went in the house and had a scone with an inch of lurpak on to take the edge off it, I’ll try and find a fuse tomorrow, thanks for the heads up

Your not a billion miles away if you get stuck let me know

Feel free to purchase everything more products and bundles being added daily

@JOG Good cams go to heaven but the bad cams go everywhere.

Name the song the lyrics are doctored from

Back