Do I need to sound deaden T6.1?

Hi - thought I’d post as in a similar place (18 plate T32 T6 Kombi).

I’m currently speaking to a couple of places ref insulation, ply, carpeting. One suggests they don’t SD on conversions, no real need, only some value and they don’t do it on their conversions. The other suggests doing it… for the same reasons on this thread etc.

We’re not planning on converting at all, but use as family vehicle with child and dogs.

Would be interested if anyone has not added SD but done the other bits?

thanks

Hi Bridge8. I think noise levels seem to be a very personal/ subjective thing and as I said earlier I’ve got a 6.1 kombi Highline and didn’t think it was particularly noisy. I’ve now carpet lined the rear panels and boxed in the wheel arches but not added any additional sound deadening and it’s definitely made it quieter. I also intend to carpet line the sliding door panels but haven’t had time yet

Hi - thought I’d post as in a similar place (18 plate T32 T6 Kombi).

I’m currently speaking to a couple of places ref insulation, ply, carpeting. One suggests they don’t SD on conversions, no real need, only some value and they don’t do it on their conversions. The other suggests doing it… for the same reasons on this thread etc.

We’re not planning on converting at all, but use as family vehicle with child and dogs.

Would be interested if anyone has not added SD but done the other bits?

thanks
If you're using the van as a family vehicle with a child and dogs, it's definitely worth getting the sound deadening done. It's important to make sure it's done properly though, using the correct materials, to ensure that it really makes a difference. Done properly, a sound deadened van will be a much nicer place to sit and travel in for you and your family.

Hi Bridge8. I think noise levels seem to be a very personal/ subjective thing and as I said earlier I’ve got a 6.1 kombi Highline and didn’t think it was particularly noisy. I’ve now carpet lined the rear panels and boxed in the wheel arches but not added any additional sound deadening and it’s definitely made it quieter. I also intend to carpet line the sliding door panels but haven’t had time yet
Ok thanks for the info, now to decide…

If you're using the van as a family vehicle with a child and dogs, it's definitely worth getting the sound deadening done. It's important to make sure it's done properly though, using the correct materials, to ensure that it really makes a difference. Done properly, a sound deadened van will be a much nicer place to sit and travel in for you and your family.
Thanks, that’s certainly the theme I’m picking up!

We park up a lot in the streets and so sound deadening is invaluable as you don’t want people to hear you as they walk past. It makes you feel so much more comfortable knowing that you’re discreet. (Along with total blackout Curtains so you can still keep the lights on and function as normal)

In a bare panel van, I can imagine it makes a huge difference.

In a fitted out camper I would imagine it makes rather less difference but it’s almost impossible to directly compare unless you can find two equivalent campers with/without sound deadening.

Our camper doesn’t have added sound deadening and we’ve never found noise to be an issue, either driving or parked up. Having said that, I believe our base vehicle was the one provided by VW for professional converters which, according to the convertors, has some level of cab deadening as standard.

We park up a lot in the streets and so sound deadening is invaluable as you don’t want people to hear you as they walk past. It makes you feel so much more comfortable knowing that you’re discreet. (Along with total blackout Curtains so you can still keep the lights on and function as normal)

What on earth are you up to in the back of your van?

Back