Do I need these?

RayF

T6 Guru
Could someone be so kind to check if there is anything like these, or nothing at all fitted as standard to a T6.1 Highline please. I’m wondering if I need them

6228F003-F984-4E04-AF5F-B82A3715FCB3.jpeg

I can pop out and take a picture for you if nobody gets back before me... It's currently pissing it down!

I can pop out and take a picture for you if nobody gets back before me... It's currently pissing it down!
Cheers that would be good, but do wait for the rain to stop, there’s no rush lol

I’ve found something else I might need, are there loose inserts in the door pockets as standard? This is the trouble of waiting for my van and having too much time on my hands to browse all the van sites lol

I’ve found something else I might need, are there loose inserts in the door pockets as standard? This is the trouble of waiting for my van and having too much time on my hands to browse all the van sites lol

Funny you mentioned that... I've got some soft silicone foam rubber sheet sat next to me i was going to cut a shape for the top door pocket to line the bottom of it.

1608287951459.png

Funny you mentioned that... I've got some soft silicone foam rubber sheet sat next to me i was going to cut a shape for the top door pocket to line the bottom of it.

View attachment 95425
I take it there’s nothing in the pockets then? Van-x sell the ready made ones, although they’re under the T6 section but I was under the impression that the door cards for the 6 and 6.1 were pretty much identical?

I have these on my T6, easy to fit and they wipe clean. From the factory your T6.1 will have a small strip of black vinyl which doesn’t protect anything, presuming it’s the same as the 6.
87BB778B-7C4A-4EC0-B11F-2B902B2A4713.jpeg

I take it there’s nothing in the pockets then? Van-x sell the ready made ones, although they’re under the T6 section but I was under the impression that the door cards for the 6 and 6.1 were pretty much identical?
I just asked Van-X and the T6 door pocket inserts don’t fit the 6.1 but they’re working on some for next year

I have these on my T6, easy to fit and they wipe clean. From the factory your T6.1 will have a small strip of black vinyl which doesn’t protect anything, presuming it’s the same as the 6.
View attachment 95426
Thanks for that. I have bought the stainless step plates but I think I need the other part by the look of it, they look smart :thumbsup:

My 2016 van doesn’t have the extra step guards and the paint isn’t scratched so as far as the word ‘need’ goes I’d say no.
I normally bang the toe of my boots on the step plastic to get them cleaner as I get in the van. The step gets dirty and occasionally it gets cleaned.
I would think a piece of stainless steel will get scratched very easily.

I've had 5 Transporters now, all work vans used everyday, never had those and never had worn paint on the step/ sill area.

I have the Van-X door pocket inserts and they are very good, well worth waiting for IMO.
Another thing that should have been factory fitted.

I have the Van-X door pocket inserts and they are very good, well worth waiting for IMO.
Another thing that should have been factory fitted.
Yes, door pockets need something as thIngs like ice scrapers and the like always rattle without in my experience

Back