Do I need a specific campervan/motorhome breakdown policy or normal breakdown policy?

banksey88

Hi,

We’re going to Spain in our campervan in a few weeks and touring around. Do I need a specific campervan/motorhome breakdown policy or would a normal breakdown policy be ok?

I’ve done abit of research and can’t really see what difference a campervan/motorhome policy is to a normal policy. My concern is if we breakdown and the van can’t be fixed for a few days, what do we do and where do we stay? The campervan is obviously our transport as well as accommodation. Would the breakdown company provide a replacement vehicle and accommodation.

If anyone has any advice or what you normally do that would be great.

Many thanks,

Chris

I guess you'd do exactly the same as if you were in a car and stay in a hotel. If your van isn't moving for a couple of days, you will want to be somewhere close by, rather than touring around.

We went with a specific campervan policy through the CAMC, solely because then I was confident that they knew it was a campervan. I had visions of buying a standard policy, and then them turning up when I had problems and saying “this isn’t a standard T6 van - you are on your own”.
Your question about replacement vehicles and accommodation will be specific to the policy you choose to take out. Most companies offer tiered options.

Pete

Reactions: JOG
^^ wot e said!

I use Red Pennant through the club for that very reason.

Back