Do I Have Adaptive Cruise

Gmaker

I've just taken delivery of a new T6 Kombi T32 204 DSG which is supposed to have ACC. It has the radar on the front but the steering wheel is like the attached image. We have two other T6's on our fleet which have the normal button that allows you to set the distance so I am thinking my vehicle does not have ACC??

The supplier is telling me that due to a number of issues with customers setting too short a distance VW have now removed this option and the system defaults to a set distance which it maintains - is this true as I never heard of this before??

Wheel.png

Not heard of them removing it. All MY18 vans onwards will have the radar box on the front for city braking

I suspect someone is telling porky pies
It will be easy to test just follow a car and set your cruise to catch them up, if the van slows itself down you have it, if you have to brake you dont

I know these things aren't always the same but this is what my ACC looks like in my Golf (not that I ever use it, don't trust it!!)

fullsizeoutput_141d_zpsg4ktk02q.jpg

Looks the same on my caravelle, the first picture is missing the car logo on the middle button.

I've just taken delivery of a new T6 Kombi T32 204 DSG which is supposed to have ACC. It has the radar on the front but the steering wheel is like the attached image. We have two other T6's on our fleet which have the normal button that allows you to set the distance so I am thinking my vehicle does not have ACC??

The supplier is telling me that due to a number of issues with customers setting too short a distance VW have now removed this option and the system defaults to a set distance which it maintains - is this true as I never heard of this before??

View attachment 26312
That looks like regular cruise not adaptive. So when you run into the back of someone at 70 will they be paying for the damage?

Thanks for the replies.

As I mentioned we have two other T6's which have the 'Car' image that allows you to set the distance so I was pretty sure it doesn't just wanted to see if anyone had heard of the story I'm being told!!!

I have not heard of that one we have a few at my place of work and that's sounds wrong to me.

Yeah that sounds like BS to me. Customers setting it too near... on a choice of 5 presets chosen by VW :rolleyes:

Not heard of them removing it. All MY18 vans onwards will have the radar box on the front for city braking
Has any of your vans used the City Breaking ? I know it's one on those options which your not sure work or how good they are !

Yes it S..t me right up last week, old lady pulling in to a junction slowly and I was to close but swerving out (safely of course) :eek: It activated itself and locked up. It works ok...:cautious:
The missus has it on her golf as well, but it’s 10 times more sensitive. Locks up if a feather drifts past it :mad:

Yes it S..t me right up last week, old lady pulling in to a junction slowly and I was to close but swerving out (safely of course) :eek: It activated itself and locked up. It works ok...:cautious:
The missus has it on her golf as well, but it’s 10 times more sensitive. Locks up if a feather drifts past it :mad:
Like to try mine out on that inflatable car they use see if it does work lol

Hello folks. Quick question, I’m about to change the boring dull black grills on my 18 plate t6, I’ve got that horrible acc box at the front on the lower grill. However I have a bog standard steering wheel and no option of acc as far as I can see.or anywhere in my van.Does anyone know a reason why the box would be there..? Or am I completely stupid and missing something.?.
Cheers.

No
Well actually there could be a way but you would be removing a integral safety feature of the van which I imagine it would get quite upset about, think it would be extremely difficult to clear any faults caused by removing it

Morning Pauly. Thanks for the reply.I’ll just have to mod the grill slightly maybe.?Its back from service today and I’ve got a day off so I’ll pop it off and have a look.Once again cheers for the reply .

Back