Dislodged fuel vent pipe

boxelder

T6 Guru
I've dislodged the fuel vent pipe (if that's the correct name for the thin black pipe running back from the fuel filler to under the van). Assume this just takes fumes to under the van as the tank fills. Is refitting it a priority - I won't be smoking while refuelling.....

I thought that was the overfill drain?
Mine had dislodged for a while - in so much as it had shifted up and within the underbody plastics, so any overfill would have soiled said plastics - and had no averse issues.

I thought that was the overfill drain?
Mine had dislodged for a while - in so much as it had shifted up and within the underbody plastics, so any overfill would have soiled said plastics - and had no averse issues.
I'd assumed it was fumes as it seems to exit above the level of the fuel filler? Will check today as in for MOT. It would be easy enough to refit, if there was room to get a hand in. Thanks for moving to correct forum.

You may be talking about a different pipe, then. I was thinking of the pipe that ran from the bottom of the bottom AdBlue section.
Isn't that top hole just a hole?

You may be talking about a different pipe, then. I was thinking of the pipe that ran from the bottom of the bottom AdBlue section.
Isn't that top hole just a hole?
Mine's EU5, but has a blanked off adblue filler, so T6 layout. The pipe I'm talking about attaches to a white 'spigot' coming off the fuel filler neck - see photo. There is a hole too.
EDIT: not attached to filler looking at that. What is the black hose coming out of the top of the tank - something to do with pressurising tank?
Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 08.16.52.png

Mine’s a Euro5 too. I’ve a small hole at the bottom of the AdBlue (empty) recess that appears to be a drain away pipe. It’s been a while since I dropped my tank but that’s where I recall it feeding back to.

Got to be air/fumes vent, being above the level of the filler at the tank
View attachment 87285
Agreed. That does look like some kind of air admittance pipe.

Back