Discover Media radio navigation retrofit

gerry

France
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Good morning all
I upgraded my color composition car radio by discover media; update of the map, icons connection of the reversing camera everything is ok ; thanks the forum
can we activate the direction indication at the speedometer as on a factory configuration
thank you gerry

thanks the forum
can we activate the direction indication at the speedometer as on a factory configuration
Is this a question? Or did you this already?
====================

A full VCDS Auto-Scan and controller (17) and (5F) channel maps would be more than useful...

The maps -->
VCDS -> Applications -> Controller Channel Map ->
1621756432348.png
Tick/fill boxes as above (addresses 17 and 5F) and hit Go
When done there will be files adpmap-xxxxxxx....CSV and blockmap-xxxxxxx....CSV in directory C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....

can we activate the direction indication at the speedometer as on a factory configuration?
it's a question @mmi

Attachments

• blockmap-5F-5C0-035-680-D_WV1ZZZ7HZHH006144-20210523-1434.CSV
    31.5 KB · Views: 27
  • blockmap-17-7E0-920-870-S_WV1ZZZ7HZHH006144-20210523-1433.CSV
    31.1 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: mmi
I think I understand your question now.
You want to have NAVIGATION menu entry in your Instrument Cluster centre LCD, correct?

adpmap

Attachments

• adpmap-5F-5C0-035-680-D_WV1ZZZ7HZHH006144-20210523-1435.CSV
    72.5 KB · Views: 11
  • adpmap-17-7E0-920-870-S_WV1ZZZ7HZHH006144-20210523-1434.CSV
    5.8 KB · Views: 3
It is controlled by single bit in CAN GATEWAY coding.

In order to get NAVIGATION menu entry in IC
you need to activate bit 1 in Byte 2 of CAN GATEWAY(19) coding.

Alternatively way is to tick 37 on your INSTALLATION LIST in CAN GATEWAY(19).

Credit goes to Dennis @dnoermann & Ruben ;):thumbsup:.

Hi @gerry. How did you get the discover media activated to your van? I have color composition also and would like to upgrade to the media unit the same as you have.

In order to get NAVIGATION menu entry in IC
you need to activate bit 1 in Byte 2 of CAN GATEWAY(19) coding.

Alternatively way is to tick 37 on your INSTALLATION LIST in CAN GATEWAY(19).

Credit goes to Dennis @dnoermann & Ruben ;):thumbsup:.
I'm afraid this won't work for this 5C0-035-680-D unit? It's a kind of combined NAV+Infotainment unit - having only a single address 5F.

I think @gerry 's old autoscan is here https://www.t6forum.com/threads/bcm.18579/post-254671
@gerry could you please provide the current autoscan with the new Infotainment unit

And I am pretty sure both ways will work :).

Second method works in a bit tricky way. You activate the module that physically doesn't exist
but by doing so, the GATEWAY enables required functionality.

• Love
Well, in case @Robert 's trick doesn't work, here are hopefully significant coding differences between yours and mine (OEM NAV).

These (bytes 0, 1, 2) seem to define vehicle configuration, so hopefully the culprit is here. Additionally byte 20 might be related to dash communication. Full Excel-sheet attached.
1621789216418.png

Also attached similar table about 5F adaptations, however no obvious differences there.

The dash (17-Instruments) seems to be identical to mine - even using proper units (km/h etc.) ;)

Attachments

• T6_5F_Coding_Gerry_1a.xlsx
    51.7 KB · Views: 10
  • T6_5F-adpmap-comparison-mm-vs-Gerrys.xlsx
    54.5 KB · Views: 10
In deed (Bytes 0, 1 & 2) define vehicle configuration in the DM.
But this setting selects only desired set of pictures from DM's internal memory.
These pictures are used in all vehicle displaying functions of DM.
For example: Area View, Park Pilot(horizontal & vertical view), Vehicel Status, TPMS, Driving Data, DCC, Ambiance Light and much much more.

I have the navigation module which is displayed tomorrow I am testing
it works thank you
i will look at the differences with @mmi and edit
I'm learning and it's not over long live the forum and the T6s :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hi @gerry. How did you get the discover media activated to your van? I have color composition also and would like to upgrade to the media unit the same as you have.
There is no need for any activation. You just need to get a unit with Component Protection removed and all SWaP codes enabled - the easy way.
There is also alternative way where you could do all of the above yourself - works out much cheaper but requires some knowledge of using SD card :D.

Thanks @Robert. I know I can do the SWaP and upgrade firmware thanks to your post but I can't remove Component Protection myself can I? I thought the original VIN would be required and this would need doing by VW?

You can get the unit cracked for around £100
This will disable CP and activate all functions (carplay/voice etc)

VW will not pair CP of a second hand DM with your van. But you can remove CP yourself, it is simple patching.
Actually all updates to 0478 are already patched(therefore CP is off) and the only thing that needs to be done are SWAP codes activation (also DIY).

Thanks for the information chaps. I didn't know patching the firmware also removed CP. Interesting!
I'm still not sure how I would patch a 2nd hand unit because I thought the CP would start countdown once added to the van?
Would (could) I patch before the countdown timer finishes and the unit gets locked?

Back