Disappointed

I know I could have got a lot of car for what I spent a velle but it was a case of must have one! No regrets other than a lighter bank balance, oh and more smiles per miles!

She was a beauty. Would be worth a few quid now
Bought for £3,400 kept for 8 years and sold for £5,800 not bad except when I add up all the bills to keep it running....had a lot of good times though many happy memories!

One of my favourite campers I've seen was a T25 in Galicia - the German owner had raised it, stuck proper wheels and tyres and because the 2.1i engine (same as my dad's old T25) engine had died, he stuck the same 2.5 litre flat four Subaru engine as we have in our Outback.
The thing sounded great, looked great and I LOVED it. Really nice inside too.

Managed to find a photo - only his Syncro and our 4motion could get to the lovely cliff edge spot we camped in - but I forgot to take photos when the sun came out the next day!

I do like the splits and bays, but for me the T25 is the best of the "older" ones.
Not sure exactly why - there's just something about them. Lovely vans fellas.

One of my favourite campers I've seen was a T25 in Galicia - the German owner had raised it, stuck proper wheels and tyres and because the 2.1i engine (same as my dad's old T25) engine had died, he stuck the same 2.5 litre flat four Subaru engine as we have in our Outback.
The thing sounded great, looked great and I LOVED it. Really nice inside too.

Managed to find a photo - only his Syncro and our 4motion could get to the lovely cliff edge spot we camped in - but I forgot to take photos when the sun came out the next day!
I still think that the T25 Syncro is one of the best looking beasts I have ever seen. A timeless beauty! My mate has two of them over in France :tosser:

I do like the splits and bays, but for me the T25 is the best of the "older" ones.
Not sure exactly why - there's just something about them. Lovely vans fellas.
Me too - they aren't pretentious like the splits and bays and work well as vans.
Use a bay or split as a camper and it's actually pretty rubbish but because they are "cool" people pay crazy money for them.

Use a bay or split as a camper and it's actually pretty rubbish but because they are "cool" people pay crazy money for them.
And I think that Bay or Split owners are a different breed to us normal non-yuppie loving the T25 shape-onwards crew!! :)

And I think that Bay or Split owners are a different breed to us normal non-yuppie loving the T25 shape-onwards crew!! :)
It's terrible down here - the car park fills with new LRs, Audis and of course, Bays and Splits driven by accountants from Milton Keynes who think surfing is "cool."
I can confirm as a lifelong surfer that the only thing "cool" about it is your shrivelled privates and frozen backside as you peel yourself out of a stinking wetsuits complaining because the darn wind went onshore again...

My new campaign - to make surfing uncool...

Last edited:
Thanks: However it was so "cool" my hands refused to work for about two hours afterwards, I think my ears almost fell off and I couldn't speak proper words thanks to my frozen mouth. My coldest surf ever.

Can it be colder than those hard assed dudes surfing off Iceland...?...not me I hasten to add.....I prefer a sail on my board, less immersion in near freezing water.

Back