Disable power latching on sliding door

frankflyer

Hello,

I'm trying to disable the power latching soft close on my sliding side doors on my T6. I find them too loud in the middle of the night. And yes, before anyone says it, I think it will be quieter slamming the door manually!

Any way to disable this feature? Pull a fuse? VCDS?

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply Robert. I'm looking to disable the motor entirely. It's the noise of the motor and the beep that I want to eliminate.

Then push the disable button on the dash ?

The fuse for full electric doors is in the ebox which lives underneath the battery and is a PITA to get to

Full electric power closing, will amend the title to reflect

Hi Pauly. Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'm not using the correct phraseology. I don't have fully electric doors, and hence no button on the dash, only power latching (you close the door manually and then a motor pulls the door closed avoiding the need to slam).

Any knowledge on how to disable the power latch motor and revert to manually closing the door?

Cheers.
Then push the disable button on the dash ?

The fuse for full electric doors is in the ebox which lives underneath the battery and is a PITA to get to

Ok, if its only power latching then fuse SC44 in the dash fusebox supplies that circuit
If you have power latching on any other doors then it will stop all of them (inc tailgate)

Ok, if its only power latching then fuse SC44 in the dash fusebox supplies that circuit
If you have power latching on any other doors then it will stop all of them (inc tailgate)
OK great. I understand that removing that fuse will also disable the alarm horn?

I'll try it later, but do you or does anyone have any idea if I simply depower the power latch motors, will the doors still close properly?

yes as long as the doors are closed when you pull the fuse

Thanks for the reply Robert. I'm looking to disable the motor entirely. It's the noise of the motor and the beep that I want to eliminate.
If you only have power latching, there shouldn't be a beep. We specced power latching/soft close on our van specifically to get away from the annoying "Slide 'n Slam" of traditional campervans. It works very well & only needs the lightest touch to close the door. Are you sure you're doing it right?:whistle:

My soft close door doesn't beep, but then I did retrofit it. The motor does make some noise, but nowhere near as much noise as someone trying three times to close the door with ever-increasing force...

Depending on what panels/covering you've got around the pillar, it might even be possible to sound deaden on the steel around the motor to reduce the noise.

Haha I have added confusion by mentioning the beep! I'm confused myself - there is no beep on the power latching. I'm thinking of a different van.
Pros and cons on the noise. Also, a weekend of camping without moving the van, opening and closing the door a lot, runs the risk of running down the engine battery.

Haha I have added confusion by mentioning the beep! I'm confused myself - there is no beep on the power latching. I'm thinking of a different van.
Pros and cons on the noise. Also, a weekend of camping without moving the van, opening and closing the door a lot, runs the risk of running down the engine battery.

Yeah, I considered running the soft close from the leisure battery for this reason. We now trickle charge our starter from solar though, so I don’t worry about it.

Back