Diesel hob v DVLA

Dieseldonkey

150 DSG Shuttle Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Been having a look at the specs required for DVLA to change the classification of my 9 seat shuttle from a car (yip, its cat M1) to a motorcarvan. Had hoped to fit an XC Duo combined diesel heater/hob. However, on the UKGov.uk website, it states....

"consist of a minimum of a 2 ring cooking facility or a microwave in either case having a fuel / power source"

But under the DFTs definition of a motorcaravan it states....

"a permanently fixed cooking facility within the vehicle, powered by gas or electricity".

Diesel burns as a liquid vapour. Its not gas. Anyone had issues registering a motorcaravan with a diesel hob with DVLA.

Last edited:
I've only seen pictures so far but it appears to look more like an electric hob.

Would hate to make the investment in a bit of kit like this, only to fall at the final hurdle on a technicality.

I've never been through the re registration process so not sure how strict DVLA will be.

Don't you just have to send photos? Could they show a pot boiling on a stove? Once it's registered it's registered...

We have been assured it does qualify. There are 2 heating areas on it and the fuelling does not present an issue, our converter has fitted several and not experienced a problem registering the van as motor caravan. We will be having one fitted as part of our conversion.

Back